Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, duo said:

As much as it pains me - I agree.  I am hoping it's just click bait as I am sure the press have as much clue about what is going on as us.

The press keep saying we have no plans in place then in the next breath linking us with every manager and player going 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

The press keep saying we have no plans in place then in the next breath linking us with every manager and player going 

I honestly think we don't - hence why Bruce is still here.  I think the buyout happened so fast they've no one lined up.

Would certainly make not having my ST easier to accept, however ive full confidence that it wont happen. 

I guess this is what a world without apathy feels like, anything (in theory) can happen again.

Edited by geordie_b

I know we've got to be realistic with regards expectation considering where we are in the table and our current squad as to who we could attract but Lampard is a disaster waiting to happen. You'd be better off sticking with Jones.

Wouldn't be thrilled with Lampard, but would 100% get behind him or basically any other manager who isn't Bruce. 

We have to be somewhat realistic and consider that our top managerial targets might not fancy the relegation scrap this season, no matter the money involved. 

Just now, Andy said:

Wouldn't be thrilled with Lampard, but would 100% get behind him or basically any other manager who isn't Bruce. 

We have to be somewhat realistic and consider that our top managerial targets might not fancy the relegation scrap this season, no matter the money involved. 

That’s fair enough but if that’s the case we could still do better than Lampard (not that I believe the express article)

I also don't think Lampard is as bad as some are saying too mind, got a clearly underfunded Derby close to getting promoted, and got Chelsea into the Champions League despite not being able to sign anyone. He wouldnt be my first choice, not in the slightest, but dont think it'd be particularly awful. 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Absolutely. Think Lampard's reputation is getting an incredibly hard ride based on limited information.

Like you, I'd be fairly surprised if we can bring in a Conte style appointment straight away. Would be absolutely fine with an interim appointment to keep us up this year. Would probably prefer a Potter to Lampard if being picky, but ultimately think in getting Bruce out we'll ride a wave of positivity which will see us safe. 

Part of the problem is having had someone like Rafa who was looking for that long term legacy project. In my head at least I am hoping we hire the right person that will be here for 5 years or longer. I want the person they hire to be the person that lifts our first silverware in my lifetime.

The reality is how many of the managers in these type of projects last (Chelsea, ManCity, PSG etc.) and how many "perfect fit's are out there?", especially right now. 

The likelihood is, whomever we appoint now might well not be here in a couple of years as the team evolves. That is why I don't mind the idea of an interim appointment now. The DOF and everywhere else in the club needs sorting to bring a vision and unity. Manager wise, right now we need someone that can reinvigorate and bring out the best in our squad to turn things around. Unless we can get the full package in a hire, we might need a completely different manager this time next year or the year after. 

For me that is why Rangnick is a perfect choice who can also move up into the club after finding a successor. 

Watched Danny Murphy talk shite about how Bruce is the best man for the job this season, and Conte has only managed world class players and has never been in a relegation battle. I doubted it so went to his Wikipedia and after 30 seconds read this:

On 27 December 2007, Conte was appointed by Bari to replace Giuseppe Materazzi for the second half of their 2007–08 Serie B campaign. He oversaw a considerable upturn in form, leading the team out of the relegation battle and placing them comfortably mid-table. The following season, 2008–09, Bari were crowned Serie B champions, being promoted to Serie A for the 2009–10 season, Conte's first major honour as a manager.

He also managed Siena who had just been relegated and got them promoted again. Honestly I'm sick of these English journeymen players who are pundits and just throw shite out there without knowing if its even true. Murphy is one of the worst and has been doing it for years. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Watched Danny Murphy talk shite about how Bruce is the best man for the job this season, and Conte has only managed world class players and has never been in a relegation battle. I doubted it so went to his Wikipedia and after 30 seconds read this:

On 27 December 2007, Conte was appointed by Bari to replace Giuseppe Materazzi for the second half of their 2007–08 Serie B campaign. He oversaw a considerable upturn in form, leading the team out of the relegation battle and placing them comfortably mid-table. The following season, 2008–09, Bari were crowned Serie B champions, being promoted to Serie A for the 2009–10 season, Conte's first major honour as a manager.

He also managed Siena who had just been relegated and got them promoted again. Honestly I'm sick of these English journeymen players who are pundits and just throw shite out there without knowing if its even true. Murphy is one of the worst and has been doing it for years. 

Murphy is an absolute wanker of the highest order. Literally everything he says is utter bullshit.

Anyway, what about Poch? Wasn't he rumoured to be high on the consortium's list in the early days of the takeover? Obviously he's at PSG but I don't think he's universally liked there and he only signed an 18 month contract.

How about Conte to PSG and Pochettino to us? 😉

52 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Murphy is an absolute wanker of the highest order. Literally everything he says is utter bullshit.

Anyway, what about Poch? Wasn't he rumoured to be high on the consortium's list in the early days of the takeover? Obviously he's at PSG but I don't think he's universally liked there and he only signed an 18 month contract.

How about Conte to PSG and Pochettino to us? 😉

he signed a 1 year extension a couple of months ago, he's contracted up until summer 2023

You guys are acting like we have any sway whatsoever to attract a top manager at this point in time. What we need is an improvement on Bruce (which Lampard and Gerrard are) as the first step, but no big name manager would touch us until our infrastructure is improved.

I’d happily take Lampard or Gerrard for a couple of years.

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Talking of which, I am pretty shocked Joey Barton hasn't mentioned it on twitter. Savage has been borderline respectful. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You guys are acting like we have any sway whatsoever to attract a top manager at this point in time. What we need is an improvement on Bruce (which Lampard and Gerrard are) as the first step, but no big name manager would touch us until our infrastructure is improved.

I’d happily take Lampard or Gerrard for a couple of years.

Like Benitez for example? 

Edited by Elliottman