Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

So to get rid of Bruce et all and appoint Rodgers et all. Would most like cost around £30 million. These figures are grotesque.

Chelsea have paid nearly £95m to sack their managers- they had to pay Mourinho £23m alone. If big clubs deem it important enough to have a change of manager, the money to pay them off is irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I mean ... if we're happy to get managers out of their contract then Rafa please.

May be more of a case of which manager is happy to break their contract, mind.

Rodgers has hit a bit of a glass ceiling at Leicester, I think.

Just now, Abacus said:

May be more of a case of which manager is happy to break their contract, mind.

Rodgers has hit a bit of a glass ceiling at Leicester, I think.

Yeah, I know. Rafa would never do it. And because he's started so well and the fans are now on board it just won't happen. Can't believe we were short by a few months to bring the big man back in. 

1 minute ago, sh74 said:

Looking more likely they want a tried and tested premier league manager. I would be very happy with Rodgers.

Sensible move given our current position, think it’s telling if it is Rodgers as he’s the only British manager I could see working well with a sporting director 

6 minutes ago, sh74 said:

Looking more likely they want a tried and tested premier league manager. I would be very happy with Rodgers.

I kind of get the prem experience thing, but can't lie would be disappointed if they're putting too much weight on that, as it's so cliche.

A good manager is a good manager, and there are so many interesting options out there and it's such an attractive proposition.

Do the work to identify a quality manager from the many that are available, that should do well enough to comfortably keep us up with 30 games to go and a full transfer window with a healthy budget and lots of decent players available with contracts running down, it can't be that difficult surely.

Edited by KaKa

Do you think Rogers might have been unofficially sounded out? He and Leicester must be aware of the buzzing but neither have responded nor poured water on them. 

Edited by Haz

Just now, Haz said:

Do you think Riggers might have been unofficially sounded out? He and Leicester must be aware of the buzzing but neither have responded nor poured water on them. 

He will be asked in he press conference Friday. He was asked about Arsenal and Spurs when linked with them 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I kind of get the prem experience thing, but can't lie would be disappointed if they're putting too much weight on that, as it's so cliche.

A good manager is a good manager, and there are so many interesting options out there and it's such an attractive proposition.

Do the work to identify a quality manager from the many that are available, that should do well enough to comfortably keep us up with 30 games to go and a full transfer window with a healthy budget and lots of decent players available with contracts running down, it can't be that difficult surely.

I think they are more going that route because of the position we are in more than anything 

I'd be over the moon with Rodgers, like. Haven't really thought about him as thought it far too unrealistic, however the noise does seem to have ramped up slightly with him. 

Said in another thread, if we could get him and someone like Campos in, it would really send out a serious message that we mean business.

Rodgers specifically - in a good place at the minute - yes not a great start but loads missing at the back for them. If they'd have managed to persuade him via a vision for next 3-5 years, then it would be extremely encouraging as a fan. Would clearly be promised funds and investment into training facilities, for him to be tempted to leave Leicester who are probably about 3-5 years ahead of us, if not more.