Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’d go for Steven Gerrard right now because that’s the only realistic option given our terrible form and league position 

Unfortunately I think you maybe right. Ashley and Bruce have left us in a position where I don't think we will get a manager of the level required, and I'm not convinced players of any quality will come either if our position doesn't improve come January. I know anyone is an improvement on Bruce, but does anyone really think the likes of Emery will be enticed by our current position. I really hope we're both wrong. 

What’s the deal with Fonseca? Good spell in Ukraine and a half decent one with Roma. Could he get us out of this mess quickly?

I would’ve liked proven PL managers like Sarri or Nuno here for a short-medium term and of course wor Rafa (of course all of them moved in the summer.)

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t think Howe is the answer, lots of money going on him currently 

I agree and you can add Lampard to that also. I think it will possibly be either Martinez or Gerrard (outside shot Potter), which I don't think are the best fit either. All better than Bruce and under Ashley I would have probably said fine with any of the four (Potter I'm so so on, but better options than the others I have named). Diferent proposition now, hopefully the full project can be fully demonstrated and the money available may get us a manager to take us forward the next three years.

46 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I agree and you can add Lampard to that also. I think it will possibly be either Martinez or Gerrard (outside shot Potter), which I don't think are the best fit either. All better than Bruce and under Ashley I would have probably said fine with any of the four (Potter I'm so so on, but better options than the others I have named). Diferent proposition now, hopefully the full project can be fully demonstrated and the money available may get us a manager to take us forward the next three years.

Martinez isn't leaving Belgium ahead of a WC, not that I'd want him. 

Just now, KaKa said:

What is the fascination with Allardyce man? Did people not see the mess he made of West Brom's situation last season?

You mean the man who has never been relegated? Except the times he was relegated of course. 

i would take any bugger who can work on shape, defending, and an interest in picking the best players in their best positions. thats all.

even if it meant an old fashioned 442.

playing with 3 wingers but no striker ffs.

we have to start somewhere.

alas bruce and jones. comedians. 

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

Give Everton a blank cheque for Rafa and just have done with it man. No pissing about. 

To be honest, I generally don’t like going back in for previous managers and clearly he’s not going to walk away from Everton as he’s too honourable. However, if there was one manager I would trust to build us into a consistently strong team, challenging for silverware season on season it would be Rafa and I don’t think it would take him more than three years. Gutted we didn’t get the takeover sorted when he was here 

all part of the premier leagues masterplan.

they knew they'd eventually need to let the takeover go through.

lets wait till it 2 months into the season and they're bottom 3.

most decent managers in jobs alrwady and unable to sign anyone for 3 months.

Right now I'd take Keegan. He might take on an interim role as he's 70 now, probably past his old time ambitions and maybe wouldn't entertain ideas of winning trophies any more. I honestly think the players would respond more to his simplified methods than Bruce who hasn't got a clue. Would probably find Jones a willing no 2 as well. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Right now I'd take Keegan. He might take on an interim role as he's 70 now, probably past his old time ambitions and maybe wouldn't entertain ideas of winning trophies any more. I honestly think the players would respond more to his simplified methods than Bruce who hasn't got a clue. Would probably find Jones a willing no 2 as well. 

Makes sense in the short term 👍

Everton are skint. Wave £15-20m in front of them for a manager half their fans will never accept and they’ll driving him up here themselves. Still down to rafa to make the move but I think if the club accept and offer and allow him to talk we’d get him talking.