Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Everton are skint. Wave £15-20m in front of them for a manager half their fans will never accept and they’ll driving him up here themselves. Still down to rafa to make the move but I think if the club accept and offer and allow him to talk we’d get him talking. 

Everton aren't skint, they just can't spend due to ffp limits after spaffing test and trace amounts of cash on shite in recent years

Rafa won't leave Everton and suggesting Keegan is daft imo. Throw money at and suck up to Conte to try and entice him, give him whatever he asks for if he even contemplates it. If not him, I'm unsure. Would take Fonseca, unsure on Favre, Gerrard maybe but it's a huge risk, Lampard no, Howe meh.

I'm struggling to think (realistically) about who is available and would want to come here, given where we are right now. It's crucial we don't waste any more time, considering we could be cut adrift before we get a chance to spend in January.

Even a less than ideal manager for this season, just to scrape survival would do for now.

Edited by Klaus

Just now, toon25 said:

Gerrard would soon stink up the place in the way Bruce has done.

?

Don’t get the dislike of Gerrard at all. A born leader, doing pretty well with Rangers, and a man I think the team would fully get behind.

We’re not looking for our long term manager here. We’re looking for someone to keep us up, steady the ship for the next couple of years. That’s all.

The problem with getting someone like Gerrard or lampard is they’re off to a no win situation if they don’t make an immediate impact. Can be relaxed about relegation for now but if we continue this form into December they’ll have to deal with the criticism without getting arsey and I don’t think either are capable of it. 

i dont want an English manager.   The media are a nightmare for shit English managers.   They all know Bruce is a fraud but they go on like he is a miracle worker.

We just need someone who understands tactics and actually get the lads training more than twice a week.

Oh and someone who actually knows how to handle the media, would be nice!

Just now, Awaymag said:

i dont want an English manager.   The media are a nightmare for shit English managers.  

I would take Rodgers/Potter, but this still can't be stressed enough. If either Lampard or Gerrard come in and fail to stop the rot, the media will do their utmost to make sure we "give them time" so they can stick around to finish us off. 

If someone like Favre comes in and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, it will be much easier to see them removed from the post. 

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

I would take Rodgers/Potter, but this still can't be stressed enough. If either Lampard or Gerrard come in and fail to stop the rot, the media will do their utmost to make sure we "give them time" so they can stick around to finish us off. 

If someone like Favre comes in and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, it will be much easier to see them removed from the post. 

To be honest I don’t think the new owners will give two fucks about the media’s opinions.

Considering we are going to have to pay off the incumbent, I don't think we'll be forking out money to get someone out of a contract.

Any of Fonseca, Favre or Villas-Boas, who are all available, should be able to do enough to keep us up and then have a chance to see if they can build on things further.

Just now, et tu brute said:

To be honest I don’t think the new owners will give two fucks about the media’s opinions.

Hope you're right, but it remains an open question as to why Bruce was in charge for today's game, really. Not enough info to comment about the quality of the advice they're receiving just yet. 

Just now, Barnes23 said:

Hope you're right, but it remains an open question as to why Bruce was in charge for today's game, really. Not enough info to comment about the quality of the advice they're receiving just yet. 

honestly think it was just to let him have his 1000th game.

I only see a handful of managers in the world capable of coming in and shaping that defence into something remotely workable until January.

Rafa obviously but he ain’t coming, Conte, Mourinho and Poch but again, pie in the sky.

Martinez wouldn’t leave Belgium right now either but also not convinced by him either, his last stint in the PL wasn’t so convincing.

Has Conte ever had to work with such shite before? Even if he would come here there’s question marks there, working with good players no problem, but a bunch of unfit out of form players who don’t seem to have the heart for a struggle.

You go back to Rafa, we know he’d do it and we also know the rest of what he’d bring. He’s the best option by a country mile.

Same for Mourinho, he’d be able to do it but would he come?

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I only see a handful of managers in the world capable of coming in and shaping that defence into something remotely workable until January.

Rafa obviously but he ain’t coming, Conte, Mourinho and Poch but again, pie in the sky.

Martinez wouldn’t leave Belgium right now either but also not convinced by him either, his last stint in the PL wasn’t so convincing.

Has Conte ever had to work with such shite before? Even if he would come here there’s question marks there, working with good players no problem, but a bunch of unfit out of form players who don’t seem to have the heart for a struggle.

You go back to Rafa, we know he’d do it and we also know the rest of what he’d bring. He’s the best option by a country mile.

Same for Mourinho, he’d be able to do it but would he come?

Breathing in some more hopium personally, but Conte is the only one from those mentioned I can see coming if it was sold to him, or if he actually fancied it. Conte took a Juventus side that finished 7th the season before to the title, and has been in relegation battles before at Bari and has led Siena to promotion. I just want us to approach him, if he says no then fair enough. But getting him in will give me as much of a buzz as the takeover going through did.

22 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

It makes sense from their point of view, it would a risk to sack him without a replacement lined up. They probably wanted to see if there would be any bounce from the positivity around takeover before making that decision, and there was, it lasted ten minutes.

Gotta get someone that wants to be in all week, double sessions. Bruce's biggest flaw above all else isn't that he's stupid, or negative (though those are big flaws.) It's that he's downright lazy. Doesn't want to do the work. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roberto-martinez-steven-gerrard-and-unai-emery-top-of-shortlist-for-newcastle-job-zkjcfpnl0

Newcastle United will this week step up their search for a new manager with Roberto Martínez, Steven Gerrard and Unai Emery emerging as leading contenders to replace Steve Bruce.

Bruce had not been expected to retain his position after the takeover and a capacity crowd called for his dismissal. All decisions will be taken by the board of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), which owns 80 per cent of the club, with al-Rumayyan the PIF’s governor. It is thought Bruce will stay until a replacement is found.

Martínez, the Belgium manager, is out of contract in the summer. He has worked with the Newcastle assistant coach Graeme Jones before and could combine club and country roles.

Gerrard, the Rangers manager, who ended Celtic’s run of nine successive league titles last season, has boardroom support. He spoke of the Newcastle situation last week. “I think it’s interesting what’s happening at Newcastle,” he said. “I think if anyone deserves a break it’s the Geordie fans.”

The former Arsenal manager Unai Emery, who won the Europa League with Villarreal in May, is also being considered, along with several others.