Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Mourihno is a busted flush imo. 

He’s struggled to fit in at clubs and he’s fallen out with players. I think he did a good job with Man Utd, but was up against it with the likes of Pogba who has far too much influence there.

I see these moves as just poorly timed, the wrong place at the wrong time perhaps. Both Man Utd and Spurs have had and still do have problems that run far deeper than a managers skill level.

Ole will be sacked this season, at some point and then what? Rebuild again? Nuno was being talked up for the sack after those three losses, these are not stable clubs.

Maybe he’s found it with Roma, they sit 4th and lost to Juve tonight. Will he be given the time there to do what he wants?

He’s far from a busted flush, just need to find the right home.

No one has a clue. They only just reported we are only targeting managers out of contract. 

It's a big appointment. Of what is realistic and out of contract, Favre, AVB or Fonseca seem the best gattuso for the big gamble. Whether they gamble on no premiership experience is another question. AVB would he good in that regard. Favre seems like a great interim or placeholder. Fonseca could be shrewd or a flop.

The horrible looming presence of Lampard is grim. Would be another year or more of press pals and pundits blaming the fans and their expectations rather than lampards short comings.

If the new owners have identified someone for the longterm I don't think in or out of contract will make a huge difference. They will go for it if the feeling is mutual.

Edited by toontownman

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

No one has a clue. They only just reported we are only targeting managers out of contract. 

It's a big appointment. Of what is realistic and out of contract, Favre, AVB or Fonseca seem the best gattuso for the big gamble. Whether they gamble on no premiership experience is another question. AVB would he good in that regard. Favre seems like a great interim or placeholder. Fonseca could be shrewd or a flop.

The horrible looming presence of Lampard is grim. Would be another year or more of press pals and pundits blaming the fans and their expectations rather than lampards short comings.

If the new owners have identified someone for the longterm I don't think in or out of contract will make a huge difference. They will go for it if the feeling is mutual.

A big “no thanks” from me on Gattuso. Would genuinely prefer Gerrard.

Gerrard would make me nervous given he's largely unproven. But he seems promising and if it worked out I could really see him clicking with us. I'd be excited to give him a go.

Is Martínez good? I always thought he was overrated at Wigan and then got found out at Everton - not terribly, but not particularly good. I believe Bruce finished higher with Wigan than Martínez ever did....

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Jose's the one who always goes on about how he loved Bobby etc, but interestingly he refused to go to his funeral because he'd fell out with AVB - who did go. AVB's as much a Bobby man as Jose he just doesn't go on about it like Jose does. 

Non of the names mentioned are making me sit up and take notice, Ten Hag from Ajax would be my choice, he has experience building clubs as a technical director and he could bring quality players to the club, he also doesn't mind breaking his contract mid season.

AVB or Favre seems a bit of a no brainer for now. Turning teams around are both managers bread and butter. Likewise Favre working with youth and a quick attacking style. The comments of some here that followed Dortmund would be concerning though considering how terrible our defence looks right now. AVB's temper maybe a problem too. What he did in a short time at Marseille was impressive and had he had better backing in the transfer market who knows where they would be.

Not convinced with Fonseca at all. Reportedly interviewed poorly at Spurs and his sides are usually worse defensively than Favre's. 

Im surprised if Gerrard is coming. Lampard is good example to him when rushing too early to bigger stages as a manager.  And to us, it shouldnt be too hard to find better manager who keep us up with couple of new quality players from january transfer window.

44 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

Im surprised if Gerrard is coming. Lampard is good example to him when rushing too early to bigger stages as a manager.  And to us, it shouldnt be too hard to find better manager who keep us up with couple of new quality players from january transfer window.

I’ve got Gerrard in my mind as the bar - I want someone better than him. He’s highly thought of and has a team, but has zero experience halting a relegation slide.

I think Graham Potter ticks the most boxes at the moment - has current prem experience, seems to have done a very good job at Brighton, is well thought of in the game, plays good football... it’s a big jump pressure wise from Brighton, would be the only thing 

AVB is out of work? Cool. He has horrendous spells, but he's young and has a modern, methodical approach to the game. 

We kind of have the players that would suit his preferred 4-3-3 style of play too, just that the fullbacks are pretty shite. But if there's going to be a DOF on top of all that, then they'd have to be aligned in footballing philosophy.

A nice writeup on his Marseille style here.

Really frustrating that the timing is so bad for this. 

Even if you throw a lot of money at someone like Potter I'm not convinced he'd ditch Brighton at this exact moment. Same with Emery and a few other names mentioned.

The job (providing we don't go down) would be so much more appealing to a new manager come next summer with a full transfer window to work with. 

The mess Bruce has us in at the minute makes it vital we do take someone on now though but it's probably going to have to have to be someone neither the owners or fans would ideally want. 

Out of the names mentioned for out of work managers I'd probably just gamble on AVB, I reckon he'd put together a decent side with the funds available after a couple of windows.  

My friends, we have a winner for the shittest take on who should be our next manager. This Daily Star headline popped up in my FB feed:

”Richard Keys calls on Newcastle to snub Antonio Conte and Steven Gerrard for Mark Hughes”