Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wayne-rooney-keen-newcastle-united-21897538 Ryder's followed up - he isn't quoting SportBible

Former England star Wayne Rooney is understood to be interested in helping Newcastle United on a short-term basis - if Steve Bruce leaves St James’ Park.

It is believed that Rooney would look to bring in another Toon favourite with him to Newcastle in Shay Given.

Before the takeover Given was offered an interview with the Under-23s working under former team-mate Steve Harper.

But Rooney will only step forward to help Newcastle if Bruce goes.

Rooney has always spoken highly of Newcastle and told me in the summer: "Players I knew who played for the club always said it was such a fantastic place to play football because the fans are out of this world.

"Their away support has to be one of the best as well, they create an incredible atmosphere everywhere they go."

Bruce took training today and was not told anything about his future as preparations for the trip to Crystal Palace unfolded.

Newcastle players have a routine day off on Tuesday before work resumes for the clash at Selhurst Park.

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wayne-rooney-keen-newcastle-united-21897538 Ryder's followed up - he isn't quoting SportBible

Former England star Wayne Rooney is understood to be interested in helping Newcastle United on a short-term basis - if Steve Bruce leaves St James’ Park.

It is believed that Rooney would look to bring in another Toon favourite with him to Newcastle in Shay Given.

Before the takeover Given was offered an interview with the Under-23s working under former team-mate Steve Harper.

But Rooney will only step forward to help Newcastle if Bruce goes.

Rooney has always spoken highly of Newcastle and told me in the summer: "Players I knew who played for the club always said it was such a fantastic place to play football because the fans are out of this world.

"Their away support has to be one of the best as well, they create an incredible atmosphere everywhere they go."

Bruce took training today and was not told anything about his future as preparations for the trip to Crystal Palace unfolded.

Newcastle players have a routine day off on Tuesday before work resumes for the clash at Selhurst Park.

I'm keen to help as well. Give me the job if Bruce goes.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only we could become the worlds richest club and be linked with Wayne Rooney as manger 

Why does it matter? I might as well put it out there that Bruce Willis is interested.

Dont believe for one minute these Rooney links are true, I mean SportBible ffs? Aye he looks and sounds like a neanderthal but I do actually give him a lot of credit for sticking with it despite being at a club in absolute turmoil and has done a pretty decent job tbh. Still be completing underwhelming if it somehow happened although fairly sure its been made up for clicks

Enough with this Lampard, Gerard, Rooney nonsense. Offer it to Eddie Howe, played decent football with Bournemouth before relegation and is available. Knows Wilson, Ritchie and Fraser and might get better performance out of Fraser. Three year fixed term contract, performance related bonuses for year on year improvement. Option to extend if we become a top four side. £200m a year made available for transfers. He’d be mad to turn it down.

Edited by SAK

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Enough with this Lampard, Gerard, Rooney nonsense. Offer it to Eddie Howe, played decent football with Bournemouth before relegation and is available. Knows Wilson, Ritchie and Fraser and might get better performance out of Fraser. Three year fixed term contract, performance related bonuses for year on year improvement. Option to extend if we become a top four side. £200m a year made available for transfers. He’d be mad to turn it down.

he absolutely hates Fraser :lol:

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Enough with this Lampard, Gerard, Rooney nonsense. Offer it to Eddie Howe, played decent football with Bournemouth before relegation and is available. Knows Wilson, Ritchie and Fraser and might get better performance out of Fraser. Three year fixed term contract, performance related bonuses for year on year improvement. Option to extend if we become a top four side. £200m a year made available for transfers. He’s be mad to turn it down.

But he got them relegated? And couldn’t do anything to prevent it. We’re in the same position- I wouldn’t trust him to know how to turn a failing team around. If we were mid table, then maybe, but I personally can’t see any evidence of him being able to come and instantly change us for the better.