Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

“Hey Diego, I know you have a fairly decent chance of winning La Liga this season - but have you ever wondered what it’d be like to coach Paul Dummett?”

:lol:

Again, literally any one of these names (bar Rooney) is going to have this club safe. The mentality, coaching will improve drastically. The Jan window will come and we'll get some signings in and hopefully a fun season overall. 

Just need to bloody sack Bruce. 

We don’t need the manager who’ll win our first Champions League, we just need to pick up 38 points or so by the summer. As long as I don’t despise them as people (Allardyce, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney) I’d be alright with most people. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

he absolutely hates Fraser :lol:

Not according to Fraser but that is certainly only one side of the story!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/09/ryan-fraser-bournemouth-newcastle-united-steve-bruce

I would have no problem with Howe in the interim tbh. Rather Howe than Gerrard, Lampard or Martinez. If we are striking out  He has had a long time out of the game readying himself for his next project, time if he is meticulous as all reports of his coaching suggests, to reflect on what went wrong and how to improve his weaknesses. He has worked and got the best out of Wilson and Fraser. It would be a come down. Favre, Rangnick, AVB even are a different league but Howe would be ok for now imo. 

Warming to idea of a caretaker manager but not sure who is right for us to turn around.... especially as they'd have to spend in January and they could be on players a long term coach doesn't want. Very awkward this.

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

As has been said many times, Howe isn't shifting his family from the South Coast.   

Yes his wife wouldn't move from South Coast,he had to commute to Burnley.

Turned down Celtic as well,so I don't think so.

Think Howe will hold on for a job near home,the likes of Southampton,if it comes up.

But you never know,money talks.

3 hours ago, hakka said:

Warming to idea of a caretaker manager but not sure who is right for us to turn around.... especially as they'd have to spend in January and they could be on players a long term coach doesn't want. Very awkward this.

Roy Hodgson as temp.

He keeps teams up who are in trouble.🤔

24 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Yes his wife wouldn't move from South Coast,he had to commute to Burnley.

Turned down Celtic as well,so I don't think so.

Think Howe will hold on for a job near home,the likes of Southampton,if it comes up.

But you never know,money talks.

Maybe he would come here short term. We need a manager who can lead the club until the summer, and Howe is waiting for a job to turn up in the south.

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We don’t need the manager who’ll win our first Champions League, we just need to pick up 38 points or so by the summer. As long as I don’t despise them as people (Allardyce, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney) I’d be alright with most people. 

to be honest I don’t even care at this point if I despise them so long as it’s just to see out the season