Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think our strength is more in forward areas and so we probably actually need someone that can make the most of that and that can sometimes be the best form of defence in actuality.

How many times have we had over 50% possession in the last 4 years?

I think we're in for a rude awakening if we think someone's gonna come in and turn that round with a squad that's geared towards playing on the counter. 

We've still got 10.games to play against the traditional top 6 (except Leicester) and then there's alot of handy and settled teams outside of that, so not sure we're gonna blow teams away with like of ASM, Almiron, Willock and Wilson like we think we might.

Edited by Thumbheed

Yeah, very much in favour of getting in a manager who's going to play attacking football.

Bring in some exciting young talent, make football fun for NUFC fans again. In a couple of years when we've built a really strong squad we might have to look at Howe or Fonseca or whoever and assess if they have what it takes to actually push on and win things, maybe at that point someone a bit more defensively adept might be the way to go.

We don't have to hire our manager for the next decade right now.

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

How many times have we had over 50% possession in the last 4 years?

I think we're in for a rude awakening if we think someone's gonna come in and turn that round with a squad that's geared towards playing on the counter. 

Leeds, Man Utd and Spurs aside it's been fairly even this season tbf. So 5/8. Still not great. Thing is though, players like Schar, the right choices in midfield and attack would help with this despite not being played by Bruce. Agree it'll take time to change our style and will take at least 2 windows before we see huge change. Rodgers was able to change Leicester from a counter attacking orientated side to a possession based one in 1 window, though he had far better players than us to originally work with.

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

We've still got 10.games to play against the traditional top 6 (except Leicester) and then there's alot of handy and settled teams outside of that, so not sure we're gonna blow teams away with like of ASM, Almiron, Willock and Wilson like we think we might.

I think you may be surprised. We have no semblence of any plan or identity either going forward or defensively. We sit off teams in spite of clearly not being coached well enough defensively and our attacking plan is pass the ball to Saint-Maximin and hope he runs past 3 or 4 defenders before assisting Wilson. A new manager will change that because Bruce is just that bad, Villa is a prime example. Look at the mess they were under Bruce, they bring in Dean Smith from Brentford and he completely turns them around. Fonseca can do that imo.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I think you may be surprised. We have no semblence of any plan or identity either going forward or defensively. We sit off teams in spite of clearly not being coached well enough defensively and our attacking plan is pass the ball to Saint-Maximin and hope he runs past 3 or 4 defenders before assisting Wilson. A new manager will change that because Bruce is just that bad, Villa is a prime example. Look at the mess they were under Bruce, they bring in Dean Smith from Brentford and he completely turns them around. Fonseca can do that imo.

:thup: I guess we'll see. 

13 hours ago, gdm said:

It’s here now too

Who was the poster who had an absolutely visceral and irrational hatred of Eddie Howe, like to the point it wasn't normal to hate any manager that much who hadn't destroyed your own club?  For him it'd be like the episode of the Twilight Zone where that guy gets all the time to read all the books in the world and then breaks his glasses.  

"Newcastle have infinite wealth..."

Yay!

"but..."

8 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Gallowgate End.

Rafa Facts on twitter

Was it Burnsie?

Yep. Is also Mouth of the Tyne on Twitter too. Easily distinguishable due to the weird way he writes. A massive fucking weirdo and a really horrid person too. Has had so many burner accounts as well.

12 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Is that a different person to "TubeStationAtMidnight"?

That guy would sign up with so many new accounts and immediately get sniffed out every time :crazy2:

Nah, he's not Burnsie. That's just tubes. :lol: Awful grammar more often than not and really shit takes on almost everything.

From the top of my head he's been

@Tubestationatmidnight

@Fitzgerald

@County Durham Mag

@CalmintheChaos

@TheAlien

He'll probably be back again soon.

6 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Very wary of the argument that we need a defensive minded coach because we can’t defend. That’s the sort of reasoning that appoints Souness as a replacement for Bobby because the team needs ‘discipline’. Just appoint the best candidate.

:thup: very big difference between a “defensive-minded coach” and a coach who just knows how to organize a defense. Rafa is one who will get tarred as the former even though he’s really the latter.

2 hours ago, duo said:

Be gutted with Howe - didn't he take Bournemouth down?  

Well, aye, but he also got them there from League 2 and kept them up for 5 seasons. Bournemouth.  I'm not massively excited by him but I don't think there can be any doubt he did a brilliant job at Bournemouth. 

(and he finished McLaren off so we could get Rafa)

Edited by Inferior Acuña