Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

28 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just listened to an interview with graham sourness about Gerrard being linked saying Gerrard should stay clear and waffled on about fan expectation and said he personally wouldn’t ever take that job coz of human rights 

There's no way Graeme Souness even knows what a human right is

53 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just listened to an interview with graham sourness about Gerrard being linked saying Gerrard should stay clear and waffled on about fan expectation and said he personally wouldn’t ever take that job coz of human rights 

Yes Steven, you just listen to the man that ruined Liverpool and Newcastle and managed the unprecedented double of failing at both Galatasaray and Benfica, with his football knowledge

59 minutes ago, gdm said:

My goodness Souness is impossibly pathetic. How long is this man going to continue to whinge and moan about Newcastle? He can't get over it and move on. And he fancies himself as a hard man? Comes across as such a whiny bitch.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Oh no. We'll have to strike Souness from our list of potentials then. :( 

2 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I love the fact that we ended Souness' career, like. He's incredibly bitter about it and it's glorious. 

He ended it on his own. He took a side who had finished 4th, 3rd and 5th in the three seasons before him to 14th and the brink of a relegation battle before he was sacked. Alienated players like Robert and Bellamy, came out with ludicrous patter like Alan Shearer being a 'real man'. Then he has the audacity to say it was because we and the press demand too much, the bitter Tory Scottish flid. Hope he has a coronary live on Sky.

3 hours ago, Scribble said:

Found this interesting regarding Fonseca when he was considered for spurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FMfBU9xRw

Tried watching that during my lunch break, could only get through about 16 mins of it, not entirely convinced by it so far. Sounds fine in principle, but whether it will translate to a team at the bottom of the premier, not so sure. 

What was the thing he said about James Milner again? :lol:

All the more funny because Milner has since gone on to be one of the most disciplined and best professionals this country has probably ever seen :lol:

Edited by KaKa

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He ended it on his own. He took a side who had finished 4th, 3rd and 5th in the three seasons before him to 14th and the brink of a relegation battle before he was sacked. Alienated players like Robert and Bellamy, came out with ludicrous patter like Alan Shearer being a 'real man'. Then he has the audacity to say it was because we and the press demand too much, the bitter Tory Scottish flid. Hope he has a coronary live on Sky.

He also took Liverpool from a title winning team to one that was floundering in the middle of the table by the time he left. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

He also took Liverpool from a title winning team to one that was floundering in the middle of the table by the time he left. 

I had no idea how little love the Scousers have for him either after his dealings with the Sun. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Downie saying that although Jones has been told he'd be Caretaker Manager on Saturday, he wouldn't be surprised if that situation changed again.

The new owners aren't going to leave him in charge a moment longer than necessary, whatever they might be saying publicly. They will want a manager who has an international reputation and can attract top talent. I would think we'll see more changes over the coming weeks as the DoF is appointed. 

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

They’ve been to the training ground more in two weeks than Ashley did in 14 years. 

And Steve Bruce in 2 + years

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

If Jones was always an acceptable option as interim, then Bruce would have gone before the Spurs game. So it points more to the theory they wanted a replacement before binning Bruce.

I feel they're very close to confirming a new manager, hence the movement now. I reckon we'll hear an announcement before the weekend. 

Maybe the new man will be there watching on Saturday 

3 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

If Jones was always an acceptable option as interim, then Bruce would have gone before the Spurs game. So it points more to the theory they wanted a replacement before binning Bruce.

I feel they're very close to confirming a new manager, hence the movement now. I reckon we'll hear an announcement before the weekend. 

Fonseca sitting alongside Amanda in the exec box for the Palace game?