Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Not a bad point but you’d think any coaches top ambition would be a managerial role at a premier league club no?

Nah, as with all walks of life, some people fit some spaces just fine, and don’t want to move positions or ‘rise through the ranks’. A decent coach doesn’t always make a good manager either. 
edit- for example that English guy who was a coach in Germany then came to the UK to manage and was poor- can’t remember his name. 

Edited by Manxst

Just now, Chicane said:

Who was the Scottish fella who was here with McClaren and had been at Valencia? Can't remember his name to google it :lol:

What's he up to now

Without checking … Spurs with Nuno?

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Nah, as with all walks of life, some people fit some spaces just fine, and don’t want to move positions or ‘rise through the ranks’. A decent coach doesn’t always make a good manager either. 
edit- for example that English guy who was a coach in Germany then came to the UK to manage and was poor- can’t remember his name. 

Paul Clement

6 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I wouldn't mind Lampard having a role at the club, but not first team manager.

We could get @Ronaldo back posting more so he and I could re-launch our two man Lampard fan club.

I’d take him. Could easily go tits up though. 

Just now, Ben said:

I wonder what will happen to Jones ? 

I think the new manager should give him a bit of grace before deciding to peddle him.

22 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Who was the Scottish fella who was here with McClaren and had been at Valencia? Can't remember his name to google it :lol:

What's he up to now

Cathro. He’s at Spurs with Nuno I think 

Just now, Rafalove said:

Not saying we couldn’t do better but I just want it on the record we’d be higher up the league table with him (Keegan) than  Bruce.

Goes without saying!

11 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Couldn't see them on  the official training photos from today, mind I think it would have been annonced if they had left.

Theyre in the videos arnt they, Clemence deffo was

12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Couldn't see them on  the official training photos from today, mind I think it would have been annonced if they had left.

They both took training today with Graeme Jones.

I find the Fonseca and Lampard media links worrying to be honest. Look at the fact at they both have the same agent Frank Trimboli from Base Soccer. Don’t trust that one bit me. Seems he is pushing them to come to Newcastle and neither are good enough. We deserve something better than that

24 minutes ago, Sam Garvey said:

I find the Fonseca and Lampard media links worrying to be honest. Look at the fact at they both have the same agent Frank Trimboli from Base Soccer. Don’t trust that one bit me. Seems he is pushing them to come to Newcastle and neither are good enough. We deserve something better than that

Any particular reason Fonseca isn't good enough? I caught his last season at Roma, but don't know loads about him.

I love Mourinho. Not the right thread really but can't be arsed. It's -5 degrees and cold wind in Bodø today and will be the same tomorrow, Roma are playing Bodø/Glimt and reporters asked Mourinho as he was exiting the stadium if he was worried about the cold - to which he started taking off his clothes saying "what cold" :lol: 

Always dreamt of Mourinho managing us due to the SBR connection and his affinity for us due to that. Shame it won't happen, for now at least.

Edited by Kaizero