Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Not that I think he'd come here but I don't understand the Mourinho love personally, the guys an arrogant bully and his team's, even with great players, are boring to watch.

I know he has links to Sir Bobby and always said nice things about us but he is the total opposite to him.

Bobby was a gentleman and would never place the blame on individual players. I don't think he would like the way Mourinho treats people tbh.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Any particular reason Fonseca isn't good enough? I caught his last season at Roma, but don't know loads about him.

His spell at Roma suggests his attacking play came at the expense of defensive solidarity, and our defense is literally our weakest area which to me doesn't bode well in a league where there's high quality players distributed throughout the league and where any team can beat anyone.

There's been plenty of well coached sides (albeit smaller sides) who played with attacking intent but haven't had the quality nor the defensive stability that's required to survive in the league and I see us in a similar position where we don't really have a dearth of outstanding attacking quality that makes us stand out from our rivals, couple that with the fact we're still a long way from the Jan window and we could find ourselves in a difficult spot if we don't get this right. Our Dec fixtures are horrific - do I fancy going into those games playing nice stuff but leaving ourselves defensively vulnerable? Nah.

Edited by Thumbheed

So are we looking for a manager or a head coach because it's not at all the same thing. Some can do both, Rafa for example, some can only coach and some can only manage. If we are getting a DOF surely there's no need to get a manager, you just get the best tactical coach that's out there.

26 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

So are we looking for a manager or a head coach because it's not at all the same thing. Some can do both, Rafa for example, some can only coach and some can only manage. If we are getting a DOF surely there's no need to get a manager, you just get the best tactical coach that's out there.

The statement earlier reiterated that we’re looking for a head coach.

On 21/10/2021 at 11:12, Manxst said:

Normal article, I liked it, thank you. I skimmed my eyes - it seems to be well written. And indeed, why not Xavi? If all sides are happy - everything can be.

Edited by Pokitren

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Looks like this is some way off and they are going to be talking to lots of people a number of times. Not sure we are close on any one individual.

Think they've bought themselves time with sacking Bruce. He's gone, thsts all that matters.

1 hour ago, Pokitren said:

Normal article, I liked it, thank you. I skimmed my eyes - it seems to be well written. And indeed, why not Xavi? If all sides are happy - everything can be.

Someone posted a video of Xavi on here a week or so ago, where he was talking about his tactics and how he is obsessed with possession. Imagine him trying to get the current batch of players to play a possession style of football :lol: Have we had even one match in the league with more than 45% possession the last 3 seasons? :lol: 

Guest reefatoon

I don't mind them taking their time over this now actually. I feel we will see a massive difference in the players now Bruce has gone, that lift alone should help us out while we make sure we bring the right person in for the job. If we had kept Bruce on while we took our time to find a new manager though, I would have been more worried, but now he is gone, the total lift in mood should help everyone.