Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, HTT II said:

Zidane?

Just can’t see it. I think he’ll be thinking he’s better than us right now, even with the Saudis- seems a right arrogant cunt and won’t be willing to take a perceived drop down at all. Might be totally wrong like…! 

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Fallen to 21.00 now fwiw :lol: 

Been at 100 all week prior to today…😉👌🤞 (Sky bet is still 66/1 according to oddschecker)

Edited by Manxst

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

It doesn’t seem particularly clear cut to me? 

At his press conference on Friday, Ten Hag was asked about the rumours and he responded, “I have no response to rumours. That is also the case in this case.”

Ten Hag can’t imagine Overmars leaving, “The td function is there for the long term. Overmars set things in motion here a few years ago, based on a certain vision. He has created structure and managed everything. That has started to grow. I don’t think that process is over yet. It can only grow further.”

Asked if he was interested in becoming Newcastle head coach, Ten Hag responded, “I’m not into that. Now is not the time for that either. We are growing as a team during the season. I expect my players to do just that. Then the trainer has to set a good example.

“The focus has to be on performing with Ajax, that’s the most important thing. Peripheral matters, rumours, et cetera, not.”

http://www.football-oranje.com/ten-hag-not-interested-in-newcastle-rumours/

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

He's employed at the moment, he's not gonna go out and say "of course I'd go to Newcastle if they asked" in the event that doesn't come to pass. Overmars has been on his way out for a while with Arsenal being interested and everything, so it's a different scenario and a very different position. Don't think the Ajax fans would be happy with Ten Hag if he said he'd want to leave, but Overmars is "just" a suit.

Edited by Kaizero

3 hours ago, Jimwallace197 said:

I dont agree, looking back on his time now with Manu, he was actually quite successful, won two more cups than Ole did despite Ole spending more money & having more time than he did. Also having to deal with the likes of Pogba whom I'm sure a lot of people & supporters would side with him now over. Before that, very successful at every club he was at.  

I think Spurs was always going to be a poisoned chalice for him, they were heavily restricted in terms of their financial spend because of the stadium & that squad is not the type of squad you're ever going to get success with. Take Son & Kane out of that team & they are midtable at best. Kane by the time Mourinho arrived already had his head turned by City. Dealing with overinflated egos such as Delli Alli & Justin Rose. He still managed to get them to the league cup final despite being screwed over by Levy in the end. 

He has Roma fourth so is currently doing better than the manager we are being linked with there, Fonseca. Last three seasons before they finished, 5th, 6th & 7th. 

I agree he can be a divisive figure but I think if he is properly backed and supported by the board, he will definitely be successful & win you things. He didnt have that at either Manu or Spurs. 

Par for the course

I'll get my coat

Out of the recently mooted list of short-listed managers, I think mine would be, in order:

Fonseca

Favre

Howe

Gerrard

Lampard

In fact, to be honest, I'd rather not have Fat Frank anywhere near us at all. I don't rate him in the slightest and his annoying accent winds me up no end. He's just a younger Bruce from London imo.