Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

apropos of nothing but my own gut instinct I highly highly highly highly doubt it's rafa. All the reasons why it "makes sense" sound like the kind of lunatic scribblings you find in a love letter from a stalker to his celebrity crush on why they're destined to be together. 

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

apropos of nothing but my own gut instinct I highly highly highly highly doubt it's rafa. All the reasons why it "makes sense" sound like the kind of lunatic scribblings you find in a love letter from a stalker to his celebrity crush on why they're destined to be together. 

I mean, that description is this place with Rafa down to a T

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You seriously think if we offered decent money for Salah, Liverpool wouldn’t knock it back? If they don’t NEED the cash, there’s no way they’d accept it, imo. Stupid money, then yes, they’d undoubtedly accept, as that would outweigh the benefit we would be purchasing. 

:lol:[emoji38]

Liverpool wouldn't accept money for Salah because they are Liverpool and he is Mo Salah. It has nothing to do with the origin of the money.

You said clubs would turn down Saudi money out of spite, which just isn't going to happen.

Just now, STM said:

Liverpool wouldn't accept money for Salah because they are Liverpool and he is Mo Salah. It has nothing to do with the origin of the money.

You said clubs would turn down Saudi money out of spite, which just isn't going to happen.

If they don’t need the cash, and think any purchase will make us stronger compared to them,  then yeah, I see it as a possibility. Just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, thomas said:

Fuck, that's why Charlize never replied then.

1 minute ago, STM said:

TBH I think they would initially as the longer they stop us from competing the better as far as they are concerned, which is why I would primarily focus on players from Europe initially until we become the team PL players want to play for and can then force through a move  

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

If they don’t need the cash, and think any purchase will make us stronger compared to them,  then yeah, I see it as a possibility. Just my opinion. 

Still has nothing to do with it being Saudi money.

There's tonnes of reasons why clubs will refuse or bids etc, none of them are moralistic.

Just now, nufcnick said:

TBH I think they would initially as the longer they stop us from competing the better as far as they are concerned, which is why I would primarily focus on players from Europe initially until we become the team PL players want to play for and can then force through a move  

The price of players would increase for sure.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe if Everton lose the next couple they will think let’s get some money for him and save a bit of face, everyone is a winner 

Rafas demise at Everton seems inevitable. The fans just don't want him. However, I doubt results will be the killer for him. He will at least get a top 8 finish.

It's more likely they will mutually part ways at some point or he will see out his contract.

Bad timing for us.

It took Everton a long time and a lot of meetings before deciding to go with Rafa. Maybe he was demanding a buy out  clause be put in his contract if certain approaches were made and Everton weren't happy about it but buckled in the end.

Wishful thinking I know but so was the takeover 

I 100% agree there is no way Rafa will break his contract. However, I also believe if Everton's loses a few games  the minority fan base who hates Rafa might shout loud enough that the club sacks him, ignoring that their squad was terrible outside of the first 11 and the injuries they have to their key players now.

It took Everton a long time and a lot of meetings before deciding to go with Rafa. Maybe he was demanding a buy out  clause be put in his contract if certain approaches were made and Everton weren't happy about it but buckled in the end.

Wishful thinking I know but so was the takeover 

20 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Probably going against the tide here but I have no desire for Rafa to return. Was gutted when he left and all but I’d rather a completely fresh setup. 

I get the idea, still think he would be perfect for us over the first few years of this 

13 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I just cannot see Wenger getting back into management. 

"There are always people who say ‘You are too old’ so at the time, maybe I thought they were right, but I am in good shape and I have not completely decided not to do it anymore," Arsene Wenger 21/09/2021

If reports that they want a short term appointment are correct, someone like Wenger might not be that unrealistic. He won't want a long term project but he'd be a very safe pair of hands to take us through to the summer and would be a great football advisor for the new board as well

28 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Probably going against the tide here but I have no desire for Rafa to return. Was gutted when he left and all but I’d rather a completely fresh setup. 

I was never that enamoured with his style of play here and find the adulation for his time here a case of overpraising.