Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I'm still hoping for Fonseca, the apprenticeship that Portuguese managers get is elite and despite his experience he is still relatively young. 

Bring him in with and let him grow with the club, would be amazing to have a long term manager (that we don't all despise). From the Shaktar stuff he seems to have strong ideas on how things can be run and the facilities revamp can go hand in hand with this. 

I think Lampard/Rooney would be absolute suicide tbh, not seen enough from either and the inevitable fallout when they are sacked would be the same as Bruce. Gerrard is slightly better but wouldn't want him for similar reasons. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Whys Fonseca managed so many clubs already? He doesn't seem to last very long. 

Porto was the only place he failed, then went to Braga and won them their first trophy in 50 years. 

He's worked his way up from the lower decisions and majority of moves he's made have been steps up. 

Roma had a poor squad and changed ownership halfway through his tenure.

There was an article posted where Roma fans shared their opinions on his after he left and were largely positive. Nearly all said he'd made the team very reliable at beating teams they were expected too.

Edit: 

https://www.chiesaditotti.com/2021/5/24/22436382/an-appreciation-for-paulo-fonsecas-time-with-roma

Good article on his career and tactics (long read!)

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2020/05/28/tactical-philosophy-paulo-fonseca/

Edited by GeordieDazzler

Fonseca has a very impressive win rate. 53% win rate in 600 games. He has over a 50% win rate in Serie A and at pacos de Ferreira and Braga where he won’t have had the best players in the league either. I would be very happy with him. 

Emery makes teams hard to beat and I seem to remember he had Arsenal on a 20 odd game unbeaten run. I would love him too but can we really see a manager leaving a champions league club to come to our relegation battle?

Just now, Ben said:

Any particular reason why 

As others have touched on, domestically Ajax are flying and top of their Champions League group with 100% record.

As tempting as the promise of riches will be, I just think he’d be more inclined to see the season out and see what other jobs are available. He’s been linked with Barcelona etc, I just don’t think he’s realistic now. Would love him, just maybe a few years too early for going and taking Ajax manager off them whilst he’s still in a job . 

Also read numerous times that the owners basically want someone out of work, rather than get tangled in a legal battle.

7 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It’s definitely not going to be Ten Hag. It’s OK to dream though! But we have next to 0% chance.

How are you 100% certain, I don’t care how well Ajax are doing , they can’t offer the salary  we can give him , if he’s on £1m a year and we offer £5m you think he will say no? 100%? [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

As others have touched on, domestically Ajax are flying and top of their Champions League group with 100% record.

As tempting as the promise of riches will be, I just think he’d be more inclined to see the season out and see what other jobs are available. He’s been linked with Barcelona etc, I just don’t think he’s realistic now. Would love him, just maybe a few years too early for going and taking Ajax manager off them whilst he’s still in a job . 

Also read numerous times that the owners basically want someone out of work, rather than get tangled in a legal battle.

Why would you have a legal battle , if you want someone you pay for it , you agree a fee and off you pop , it’s how it works in general? 

I agree with other posters it may be pie in the sky but if these owners want they will get? 

1 minute ago, GWN said:

How are you 100% certain, I don’t care how well Ajax are doing , they can’t offer the salary  we can give him , if he’s on £1m a year and we offer £5m you think he will say no? 100%? [emoji38]

‘Next to 0%’. There’s always a chance - like you say, money talks. But I’ll be astounded if it’s him.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t get the legal battle stuff regarding in work managers. I’m sure most managers have release clauses which if met allows them to speak to other clubs. Obviously I understand if the fee is extortionate.

From what I’ve read and understand, they were talking about not approaching Premier League based employed managers so as not to cause more bad feeling between clubs? 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Has any Dutch manager truly succeeded in the PL or a manager having managed in Holland? 

Jol 202 games, 37.1% win

Koeman 114 games, 46.5%
Gullit 104 games, 39.4%

Van Gaal, 76 games, 51.3%
Hiddink, 34 games, 52.9%

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

People dropping cash on Ten Hag :lol: he ain’t coming to battle relegation 

Rafa did. 
but you’re right- he’d have to be coming with the belief that under his leadership we wouldn’t go down, and then the following season we could begin to push on with becoming the biggest club in the world.