InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Jol 202 games, 37.1% win

Koeman 114 games, 46.5%
Gullit 104 games, 39.4%

Van Gaal, 76 games, 51.3%
Hiddink, 34 games, 52.9%

Thanks!

I quite liked Jol and thought he did a good job at Spurs, didn’t he manage WBA at some point, I think so a lot of his win percentage would have went down managing them. Koeman was very good at Southampton IIRC, but was poor at Everton, Gullit was good at Chelsea, but awful here. Van Gaal was decent enough at Man Utd for his brief spell there and Hiddink was decent for Chelsea.

How did Advocaat do at the mackems and McLaren who managed in Holland, well the less said about him the better…

de Boer was atrocious at Palace, albeit he only had a few months.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

Thanks!

I quite liked Jol and thought he did a good job at Spurs, didn’t get manage WBA I think so a lot of his win percentage would have went down managing them. Koeman was very good at Southampton IIRC, but was poor at Everton, Gullit was good at Chelsea, but awful here. Van Gaal was decent enough at Man Utd for his brief spell there and Hiddink was decent for Chelsea.

How did Advocaat do at the mackems and McLaren who managed in Holland, well the less said about him the better…

de Boer was atrocious at Palace, albeit he only had a few months.

Yeah- the other Dutch managers in the PL are pretty bad in fairness. 

one man who managed in both countries and did pretty well….SBR. 

I know we’ve got all the money in the world but they’re still business people. We’ve just had to fork out £8m to get rid of Steve Fucking Bruce FFS! Chucking another £10m to buy the next manager out of his contract doesn’t make business sense if there are decent free options out there, which there seems to be plenty of. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Yeah- the other Dutch managers in the PL are pretty bad in fairness. 

one man who managed in both countries and did pretty well….SBR. 

Fuck me, how could I forget about Sir Bobby man!

He did and always would have done great wherever he went :smitten:

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

I know we’ve got all the money in the world but they’re still business people. We’ve just had to fork out £8m to get rid of Steve Fucking Bruce FFS! Chucking another £10m to buy the next manager out of his contract doesn’t make business sense if there are decent free options out there, which there seems to be plenty of. 

Business people who also want the VERY best, which is why there have been rumours about the likes of Simeone and Conte- not that I think they’d currently come, but that’s the sort of manager our owners consider. If they spend £10m to get the right man for the next 3-5 years, I think they’d consider it money well spent and a small sum considering everything else. 

8 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Rafa did. 
but you’re right- he’d have to be coming with the belief that under his leadership we wouldn’t go down, and then the following season we could begin to push on with becoming the biggest club in the world. 

Rafa was unemployed and wanted back in to the English game not really the same 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Rafa was unemployed and wanted back in to the English game not really the same 

He could’ve waited for a non relegation threatened team? Manager jobs come up every season. He chose Newcastle because he believed in the potential. Any decent manager who knows the English game and our club, would do the same, I’d like to think. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He could’ve waited for a non relegation threatened team? Manager jobs come up every season. He chose Newcastle because he believed in the potential. Any decent manager who knows the English game and our club, would do the same, I’d like to think. 

Yeah but there’s a clear difference where he was unemployed, wanted back in the game and wanted to be in England close to his family and Ten Hag who is in a job currently top of the league and playing in the champions league. Let’s be realistic 

15 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

It makes perfect business sense if it helps keep us up 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah but there’s a clear difference where he was unemployed, wanted back in the game and wanted to be in England close to his family and Ten Hag who is in a job currently top of the league and playing in the champions league. Let’s be realistic 

Top of the league…in Holland. Hardly the same as being anywhere in the PL. Being paid a pittance compared to the riches here. Having to sell year in

year out to make money and constantly change the team. Yes, he’s in the CL, which would be the only thing going against choosing us at the current time, I’d say. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Top of the league…in Holland. Hardly the same as being anywhere in the PL. Being paid a pittance compared to the riches here. Having to sell year in

year out to make money and constantly change the team. Yes, he’s in the CL, which would be the only thing going against choosing us at the current time, I’d say. 

I’m not saying he’d never come here just not now at this time with the squad we have & 19th in table 

Just now, gdm said:

I’m not saying he’d never come here just not now at this time with the squad we have & 19th in table 

I get what you’re saying, and it’s a possibility. But it’s also a possibility that he WOULD come- certainly not a foregone conclusion that he wouldn’t. 

I don’t get why some/most clubs are unwilling to buy out/pay compensation for managers yet spunk huge money away on players, the manager is the most important part of any football club or should be. I’d pay 100m for Rafa because he’s worth it for example, rather than pay say that for Grealish. Same with Pep, Conte or any other manager that is good enough whether it’s 5m or 20m.

Just now, HTT II said:

I don’t get why some/most clubs are unwilling to buy out/pay compensation for managers yet spunk huge money away on players, the manager is the most important part of any football club or should be. I’d pay 100m for Rafa because he’s worth it for example, rather than pay say that for Grealish. Same with Pep, Conte or any other manager that is good enough whether it’s 5m or 20m.

Yep. A decent manager (with decent coaches) get a few more league positions out of average players without having to spend big money on players. Seems a no brainer to get the right setup from the off, instead of penny pinching like Ashley. (Although obviously we know he didn’t want to get any higher in the league).

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I get what you’re saying, and it’s a possibility. But it’s also a possibility that he WOULD come- certainly not a foregone conclusion that he wouldn’t. 

90% will come if the money is there , end of.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Yep. A decent manager (with decent coaches) get a few more league positions out of average players without having to spend big money on players. Seems a no brainer to get the right setup from the off, instead of penny pinching like Ashley. (Although obviously we know he didn’t want to get any higher in the league).

Aye Rafa was worth every penny and more, without Rafa we stay down, even if we had a 100m player (say Grealish). I’d say the same RE an academy, 40m for Joelinton or 40m even if spread over 5 years into the academy and I know where money well spent will come from, not the player that’s for sure. The game is full of dumb, idiots who think splashing mega sums on players will return success when it’s the manager, the infrastructure and the ethos that success is derived from. 

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

90% will come if the money is there , end of.

I disagree, I think right now money being no object, many a manager, player etc. will be cautious when it comes to NUFC no matter what we offer in transfer fees and wages. 

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I disagree, I think right now money being no object, many a manager, player etc. will be cautious when it comes to NUFC no matter what we offer in transfer fees and wages. 

Because of the perceived pressure? Or our current league position?

We are 2 wins away from safety with 29 games to go.  Any manager that doesnt fancy himself to keep us up is not for us.  They should also look at themselves as maybe deep down they know they arent good enough!