Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’d be happy with that. I voted Ten Haag, but that always seemed a bit much at this stage. Favre was my preferred choice from

the get go. Not based on much, mind. 

Favre also seems to me to be the most likely to be a more stop gap short term appointment.

Yes and no. He did well at Watford and were on the way to stay up. 

And let's face it, the PL title winning team was his team! He even told Vardy, when he was a lower league player, that he has the ability to play for England one day. Clearly knew what he was doing with that team.

So what if he's a bit weird? I'd say fans and club executives probably underestimate him, or wary of him, because of the way he goes about his business.(which is yes, Pearson's fault).

He's not my first choice, but if we fail to get any of the names that are thrown about in the media, he wouldn't be a bad short-term choice. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Isn’t Pearson currently stinking it ulnar Bristol city who haven’t won at home in a record breaking run of about 21 games ?

Didn't realise. But still,  I believe he failed at Derby and then went to Watford. So..

And anyway, far too much emphasis is placed on a manager. 

Rogers would probably be the most reliable appointment next to Rafa. But both are not going to break a contract.

I voted Fonseca but I also have concerns there if it didn’t work out that it would backfire spectacularly. Some of the others carry less risk.

As for Conte, there’s a reason Man Utd are in for him. He’s a great coach and a strong figurehead, players respect him and generally anyone who’s gone up against him has come out second best in terms of challenging his authority.

If we have the ability to pay 6 million a year for Fonseca, we should be all over Conte

5 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

And anyway, far too much emphasis is placed on a manager. 

Is this a joke? We've literally just seen how Rafa could organise a defence, build a solid base, get the max out of some bang average players and start to assumble an attack that had real promise, only for Bruce to turn up, undo all that work, regress almost every player and spaff millions on shite players... and you say there's too much emphasis on a manager :lol: