Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Whoever comes to us next will be purely down to money one way or another. 

Once we've established a bit higher up the league then the elite managers will start paying attention and see us as a good option.

Now we need someone brave, willing to take a chance and not afraid of a challenge.  None of the names mentioned so far fit that, barring the obvious lunatic that is Gattusso

I just hope that PCP/PIF etc dont coward out and go for some PFM as they've been told by football men like McParland that they are a 'safe pair of hands'

29 minutes ago, Manxst said:

So? A wage increase, sure. Highest in the league? Not a chance. He’s on pennies in Holland compared to what we’re allegedly offering. 

I suspect this is more about I don't want to do that shitty hard job, risk my own reputation and leave a club I love unless the offer is silly.

If it was an already top 10 global established CL challenging club I'm sure he'd settle for less. 

Given what we paid to get Bruce and to fire him, I'm not bothered by this money :lol:

Edited by hakka

2 hours ago, TorchyTBB said:

Benitez is bottom of my list, it would really take the gloss off the takeover if he came back.  Wasn't keen on him when he was here and to turn his back on the fans that did love him and pleaded with him to stay for China/money, enough said.

Should probably change that username to TouchyTBB

Edited by nufcjb

28 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I just hope that PCP/PIF etc dont coward out and go for some PFM as they've been told by football men like McParland that they are a 'safe pair of hands'

Don't know what you're basing that on - McParland was Liverpool's chief scout when Rafa arrived there, and was made Academy Director during Rafa's time there.

14 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Looking on Red Cafe, they seem confident that Ten Hag could be going there. In fact their preferred manager list is pretty similar to ours. Imagine saying this a month ago. :)

12/1 for for both clubs on skybet and PP

21 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Looking on Red Cafe, they seem confident that Ten Hag could be going there. In fact their preferred manager list is pretty similar to ours. Imagine saying this a month ago. :)

Mancs keen on Fonseca, Farve & Gerrard too?

2 hours ago, TorchyTBB said:

Benitez is bottom of my list, it would really take the gloss off the takeover if he came back.  Wasn't keen on him when he was here and to turn his back on the fans that did love him and pleaded with him to stay for China/money, enough said.

My huckleometer is off the scale.

14 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Don't know what you're basing that on - McParland was Liverpool's chief scout when Rafa arrived there, and was made Academy Director during Rafa's time there.

Not sure...gut maybe. He just has an air of someone who would trust an Allardyce/Pardew/Bruce/Hodgson/Warnock over a ten Haag

Remember Liverpool weren't what they are now when Rafa took over. Their scouting was little to no better than ours, and their academy had turned out fewer players (regardless of quality) than even we had at the time

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Not sure...gut maybe. He just has an air of someone who would trust an Allardyce/Pardew/Bruce/Hodgson/Warnock over a ten Haag

Remember Liverpool weren't what they are now when Rafa took over. Their scouting was little to no better than ours, and their academy had turned out fewer players (regardless of quality) than even we had at the time

Nah, they turned out Carragher, Owen, Gerrard just to name a few, they were way ahead of us at that stage academy wise. Rafa walked into a pretty decent set up, they just lacked the finances to truly compete with Man Utd for the best/top players and of course had Arsenal and ourselves and then Chelsea competing above them on and off plus Spurs on the up, on the pitch anyway (although LFC still won cups). It’s actually remarkable the job Rafa did there given the circumstances, had they been able to spend what Man Utd and then Chelsea did, despite being able to still outspend most others, they wouldn’t have had to wait so long for a league title as they ended up having to. What they lacked was a scouting network, a strong/dominant reserves/under 23s downwards set up and commercial enterprise which Rafa helped/tried to develop, that’s why they bought a lot of foreign youngsters in who flopped initially and were quite scattergun in their approach to recruitments transfer wise. It was basically Rafa’s little black book they were working from, which we did under him too, hence Joselu. Back the man and you get an Alonso, a Torres… however!

25 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Mancs keen on Fonseca, Farve & Gerrard too?

Nah, but the likes of Rodgers and Ralf Rangnick being mentioned, as well as Ten Hag. But it seems that Conte is the one that they want most of all.

I don't think money is going to be a problem, whether it's 6 million or 11 million, or whatever it would take to prize Benitez from Everton. The PIF have to view NUFC as an investment and will do what they need to do to make the investment pay off. They bought the team for 300 million and probably view the end product to be worth over a billion. The infrastructure part is probably the easiest to plan out, as there really aren't many variables there. The team and it's success? Fraught with variables. I'd like to think that they will initially pay a premium to build a staff from top to bottom that has a real goal to make NUFC compete value wise with the Barca's, the Real's, the ManU's. If they want Ten Hag or Rafa, I can't see how they couldn't tempt them to come. Yes, Ten Hag may be playing CL right now, but he could make a mint building something enormous, something bigger than any club in the world. I'd like to think the decision will be more of location, length of control, guarantee's, and last but certainly not least, morals.

I wouldn't mind Rafa back, as I'd love to see him continue the 'project' he wanted to start at the 'cloob'.

However, regardless of what it might cost to buy out his contract, and whether the club would be prepared to pay it, I don't think he'd break the contract (unless they pushed him out), especially since the 'welcome' he got before joining them, he'll probably have a point to prove to the fans.

Of the other candidates, I don't know enough about Fonseca, Favre or Ten hag if I'm honest. But any of those would be favourable to Lampard or even Rodgers, in my opinion, despite their lack of PL experience.

The latest from Romano's podcast:

"One week they’re talking with Fonseca and they have a contract proposal for Fonseca. But it’s not Fonseca the problem because Fonseca would love to go to Newcastle.

The problem is that at the moment there is still nothing decided by Newcastle owners and Newcastle board. They are still talking with other managers like Lucien Favre. And not only him, so it’s still an open race.

I’m told that they’re trying something big but it’s really complicated in this moment because of course, Newcastle have a lot of potential but the real situation now is complicated and this is why maybe top managers are not going now. They’re waiting a bit before saying yes."

Edited by The Prophet