Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I agree about Fonseca , he seems like he is more of a backup if they can’t get someone better , just don’t see Ten Haag coming here or Rafa for that matter so Fonseca is definitely the best realistic option for me.

Yup - I voted for (and put money on) Fonseca because I thought Rafa was sadly unavailable. I also thought ten Haag was out of reach, but I’m a bit excited by the Overmars link and hoping he brings the coach with him.

I realise I’ve become a complete snob in the last few weeks, because there’s very few names outside those three I’d be happy with (Conte aside)…

I watched plenty of Dortmund and even a decent amount of Gladbach under Favre. He's definitely not my first choice, but he's shown he can improve teams over the span of a year or two before the wheels come off. His backline was horrific at Dortmund though. I could live with it, especially if we got Overmans in above him, at least.

Just now, Ben said:

My Ten Hag bet could be knackered 

Poisoned chalice. The name alone is still a draw but any decent manager would need their sanity testing before taking it. The finances the way they are, there’s no way they’ll be competing near the top of La Liga, let alone the CL in the next few years.

1 hour ago, Raconteur said:

I’m off Favre since that BVB fan went into great detail about his ending at MGB and Dortmund.

Top 3 is Rafa, ten Haag and Fonseca. I’m really getting the feeling they’ve got an agreement with Fonseca but they’re aiming higher…

I'm off Ken Haag since that highly strung fellow told us he was unproven as Dutch football is shit.

43 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

And also cheaper.

Well, that is a huge part of it too, and one that really shouldn't be overlooked. They might be able to get him on a pittance compared to any other manager, so could be worth it just for that.

Pretty sure Xavi turned Barca down a few years ago as they were a bit of a mess even then , can’t see why he would think they are any better now .  Any half decent manager would be mad to go to them at the minute and they can’t pay much anyway so that rules out Ten Hag. I think they will end up with Martinez which is good news for us.

Edited by Geogaddi

25 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Pretty sure Xavi turned Barca down a few years ago as they were a bit of a mess even then , can’t see why he would think they are any better now .  Any half decent manager would be mad to go to them at the minute and they can’t pay much anyway so that rules out Ten Hag. I think they will end up with Martinez which is good news for us.

pretty sure he either didn't or if he did it was only because he didn't like the last board and was talked of as coming in the moment the now president or whatever got elected because they have close ties 

also whoever said it would be a knee-jerk appointment cause it's "one of their own" well so was Pep and so was Enrique :lol:  that's what they do well tbf

guess the only thing that matters is whether xavi would leave now due to the general state of the club imo

5 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

pretty sure he either didn't or if he did it was only because he didn't like the last board and was talked of as coming in the moment the now president or whatever got elected because they have close ties 

also whoever said it would be a knee-jerk appointment cause it's "one of their own" well so was Pep and so was Enrique :lol:  that's what they do well tbf

guess the only thing that matters is whether xavi would leave now due to the general state of the club imo

It'd be more of a reactionary appointment now then the Pep/Enrique appointments were imo, just because they're in far direr straits.

true but it's not something that's totally alien to them is what i mean, appointing someone who came through their system and succeeded at the highest level would surely be the best thing for them at this stage

also people saying overmars/ten hag to Barca - why would they need overmars?  identifying and developing youth players isn't exactly their problem