Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Regarding the possession game, it can easily be coached. I appreciate some players will have more natural ability on the ball than others, but even players with Football

League ability can be taught how to keep the ball, under a decent coach. 

The way people go on about improving our use of the ball as if it's some mystical art form :lol:

Then again under Bruce it did feel like something that could never be achievable and so I can't even blame them :lol:

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The way people go on about improving our use of the ball as if it's some mystical art form :lol:

Then again under Bruce it did feel like something that could never be achievable and so I can't even blame them :lol:

I'm harsh as fuck sometimes. Watched a clip of some young wonderboy Breakfast BBC had in the studio this morning and thought "he's not THAT good". Then realised he was only 4. Absolutely held the ball better than Joelinton, mind.

7 minutes ago, Oxoman said:

Time to bring back Pardew and have Kevin Phillips as his assistant.

P and P will ensure success is delivered 

Love, Oxo 

Who changed @Mikeusername?

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Here’s three 30 day guest passes for those that want them:

https://theathletic.com/gp/15dymr68el 

https://theathletic.com/gp/ptro3qyfez 

https://theathletic.com/gp/zt8wvfmo2n

Though it’s only £1 a month at the minute anyway:

https://theathletic.com/checkout2/intro1/introperiod6/ 

Thanks so much for this I’ve just signed up for the £1 per month for 6 months subscription. They’re long articles on there but seem great so far. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Another new name…

“Major League Soccer side San Jose Earthquakes manager Matías Almeyda has emerged as a surprise target and it’s said the English club have made an ‘enquiry’ for his availability.

The 47-year-old has so far managed River Plate, Club Atlético Banfield and Guadalajara before arriving in the MLS, but the website say Almeyda ‘would like to compete in a much more competitive league’.”

http://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle-made-surprise-enquiry-mls-manager-wants-job-much-competitive-league/

Scored for Inter here in the Champions League.

Charnley's shocked to learn you can look further afield than Felling and beyond his f*cking pitiful roladex

Edited by Wolfcastle

I said it once and I’ll say it again I don’t want no duds like Lampard and fonseca just because their agent Frank Trimboli puts out a report to the media to try and get them in. It’s a no for me on them two get in a proper manager like Martinez at Belgium

1 minute ago, Sam Garvey said:

I said it once and I’ll say it again I don’t want no duds like Lampard and fonseca just because their agent Frank Trimboli puts out a report to the media to try and get them in. It’s a no for me on them two get in a proper manager like Martinez at Belgium

I think you were asked yesterday, but why would you take Martinez over Fonseca? Ignoring who their agent might or might not be.

10 minutes ago, Sam Garvey said:

This is really interesting because Lampard and Fonseca have been talked about a whole lot. Really does make me wonder if it's all agent mischief for the pair of them now.

In any case I do think Fonseca has a lot of really good qualities and would be a really good appointment, certainly not Lampard though, as I think he'd have a melt down if any criticism came his way and we'd be right back in the Bruce situation again.

I don't know loads about Fonseca, but reading about his style and philosophy at a high level, it sounds very much like he has similar strengths and weaknesses to Martinez. 

That said, I can't comment on what Fonseca's sides look like without the ball.

From what I've read about Fonseca it's hard to judge what "his" style of play. At Shaktar it was easy to play a possession game as they had the best players and played a different game in Europe. At Roma he changed from a back 4 to a 3 as different players came in.

Maybe he doesn't have a set style of play, just likes to be attacking and uses his players to what he thinks suits them ?

Ideally we get a sporting director first, in my opinion the 2 strongest links in Rangnick and Campos don’t match up to the managers we are being linked with in that I feel we would be going for a better candidate than any of the ones linked.

59 minutes ago, madras said:

From what I've read about Fonseca it's hard to judge what "his" style of play. At Shaktar it was easy to play a possession game as they had the best players and played a different game in Europe. At Roma he changed from a back 4 to a 3 as different players came in.

Maybe he doesn't have a set style of play, just likes to be attacking and uses his players to what he thinks suits them ?

He seems to put a lot of thought into how to make it happen anyway, if what we read on his methods are accurate. I suppose the only question would be how would it translate in the Premier league.