Newcastle United 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21

Disco

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think so. She looks like she knows her dad is pissed off too.

It's so unfortunate because they looked so happy before the game started and after the goal. made me actually want the team to win today.

But then Bruce ... knew he was going to ruin everything today. Could have been such a fantastic day man.

This is exactly why he needed to be binned.

If we had a fresh start and lost we all would have just accepted it and been ready to move forward. Bruce being here was a stain on the whole thing and was always going to engender some bad feeling. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Regardless of Bruce and the result I must say it was brilliant pre match looking forward to a game feeling the nerves on excitement. It’s great to have our club back and let’s look forward to better days.

:thup: Enjoyed wandering about the ground pre-game and had a fun "boo" when the Spurs buses turned up. Was basically back to status quo by 16:45 though.

The feelings are there but they're buried pretty deep atm. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Guys in the studio saying we will be fighting relegation this season. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Any half decent manager will get infinitely more out of this team. Just by making sure they are training regularly will see us improve a ton.

Looking forward to a new man coming in and getting these boys playing even ahead of the window, so that this stupid narrative Bruce has this terrible set of players can be put to bed.

I think it's definitely a relegation battle regardless of the managerial change we make

8 games in we only have 3 points and conceded 19 goals, plus that's a reasonable fixture list on paper.

It's possible we are between 10-15 points by January which is way behind

He needs to be sacked asap, just adding unnecessary negativity 

Amazing pre-match, everything else as usual. Actually it’s worse when you care. 

It’s very hard to assess how likely we are to go down. It’s a massive job for a new manager. It could take him a few weeks to change things, by which time we’ll be really far adrift. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think it's definitely a relegation battle regardless of the managerial change we make

8 games in we only have 3 points and conceded 19 goals, plus that's a reasonable fixture list on paper.

It's possible we are between 10-15 points by January which is way behind

He needs to be sacked asap, just adding unnecessary negativity 

I agree irrespective of who the new manager is until we can buy some new players we are going to struggle. Even if you bring in Schar, Fernandez and Lewis to change the defense I'm not sure it's an improvement. There are no real options in midfield or up front though the 40m Brazilian should never play again which might improve us marginally.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Amazing pre-match, everything else as usual. Actually it’s worse when you care. 

It’s very hard to assess how likely we are to go down. It’s a massive job for a new manager. It could take him a few weeks to change things, by which time we’ll be really far adrift. 

We need a long term project manager to come in ASAP so that they have time to plan and consider what we actually need in the transfer window before it actually opens.

On the bus yehm. Great start but I'm glad the cabbage Dodger got the wrath of the crowd.  

Hope the supporter is OK, level 7 so couldn't see much.  We were shite , comfortable day for them , squad needs a MASSIVE overhaul in the coming year , this shite will take us down. The crowd had enough by half time , Bruce is a cunt , good to back and it can't get any better till January,  day spoiled by our inept defending . Bruce must go by Tuesday.... that's how I saw it 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

This is rubbish.  At one point we all expected him to get an England call up!

No we didn't .

Back from the game - went how I thought it would.  1st 10 minutes the atmosphere carried the players.  After that Spurs just knocked it around us like a training match.   Joelinton - shit.   Hes not a winger, has no pace, piss poor shot on him and basically gave the ball away so many times.  Richie is not a left back.   Shelvey - well we all know he is a tit.

One thing though - Staveley looked proud as punch when at the start of the game.   She cares.   Hopefully they peddle Bruce tomorrow and we can start the rebuild as Wor Flags said.

Edited by Awaymag

Thought Joelinton was fantastic those first ten minutes. :lol:

Still a big nowt, like. Bloke will never have a position. He's just a man who can kick a ball a bit; genuinely dunno if he'd be any worse at full-back than he is at LW or CF.