Newcastle United 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21

Disco

Just back in the house what a great day apart from the match.

The atmosphere in town and outside the ground before was on another level. Having never seen Wor Flags in the flesh, have to say it was spine tingling with big river playing.

Hats off to @Heronand his pals it was worth all your efforts.

Walking up under the Milburn before the game haven’t heard noise like that in a long time sent shivers, was a couple of Spurs fans in front of us and they we’re visibly in awe at was going on.

Have to say though after 10 mins it fell flat though as @Fantail Breeze has mentioned, understandably perhaps due to the shit show on the pitch.

This club is very special today confirmed that, I don’t think a city stops like ours does on match days. Will I get a season ticket again I really don’t know, I enjoyed it but i’m fucking drained. Today was about the new owners but the product on the pitch is everything, especially in the modern day with a new breed of fan.

I certainly think a singing section like we had in level 7 previously would be great if brought back. The Gallowagte seems to create all the noise and to ensure a great atmosphere going forward, I think they should shrink the family enclosure and get that singing section next to the away fans back again.

What a club and when they get this right it’ll be frightening.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was going to say war crime, but I do agree. 

To be fair I thought Manquillo was abducted by aliens on and off throughout the game the amount of times he was missing on spurs attacks.

Whether he was ever going to be good enough or not Lewis's confidence must be absolutely non-existent. I love Bruce hammering his defence. If only we had a manager that new something about defending. His comments before the game about only doing management because it was the closest he could get to playing was as ridiculous as it gets too. "not a day I don't wake up wanting to be on the pitch rather than the dugout but this will do." Certainly not the buzz of coaching players, seeing them blossom or learning more about the game. Guess he will never know having never done that in 1000 games.

even though it was only towards the end of the game when even a point was out of the question,   the amount abuse from "support the team" fans when we started abusing bruce was ridiculous.

Edited by huss9

26 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It was difficult to make out what was going on but a guy in a grey jumper ran around to where the struggling fan was and jumped in to help. I take it he was a doctor or nurse - was absolutely mesmerising to watch someone react like that, tbh. 

Someone sat near me said they knew him when he used to be a medical student at Newcastle Uni, he was a very big lad so easy to recognise I guess.

Was at the game today, the atmosphere just died after the incident in the East stand. Spurs third goal went in not long after play resumed and it was just Spurs fans for the rest of the afternoon you could hear bar the Brucey out chants at the end.

Lad I was sat next to said "There's no need for that, we're all meant to be together today", poor fella must have thought he was attending a live screening of Sesame Street or something.

Upon reflection, it seems almost a perfect day:

The fans, owners and players got to experience the pregame and opening goal.

The owners got an 85 minute lesson on why Bruce needs booting before Palace.

We all got reminded that Shankly was wrong when he said football was more important than life and death.

Shelvey has (surely) played his last game.

Even the Bruce fanbois can say he nearly nicked a result (if they don’t mention anything except the score).

Watching this on the telly I was enjoying the brilliant atmosphere and then just as Martin Tyler started talking they turned the crowd noise right down to almost nothing. Even though it was bouncing and they kept going on about it, it sounded dead on the telly.

Guest neesy111

Longstaff, Lascelles, Clark, Ritchie are the 4 that need to be jettisoned from this side asap.  All nowhere near PL level.

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Longstaff, Lascelles, Clark, Ritchie are the 4 that need to be jettisoned from this side asap.  All nowhere near PL level.

I think we need to see what actual manager can get out of them before making judgements. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think we need to see what actual manager can get out of them before making judgements. 

There’s merit to this, but Ritchie needs to be yeeted into the sun. He plays exactly like a 32yo right winger “doing a job” at left back.

Pashun, innit?