Jump to content

Newcastle United 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Willock was really bad today as well, not that one man makes a central midfield. 

 

Hilariously predictable what's happened to him, like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Willock was really bad today as well, not that one man makes a central midfield. 

Last season he had a pre-season at Arsenal and was playing the way Arsenal have coached him for years.

This season he’s had a pre-season with Bruce, is coached by muppets and is given 4 days off a week.  This is very much Bruce’s version of Willock.

At least we know there’s a player in there. Hopefully the new manager can discover it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Imagine how fucking incredible it'll be in a few years time to see a teamsheet with 20 names on it that didn't play for us in the 2016/17 Championship season. 

 

Can't wait to forget about most of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 54 said:

Completely disagree with Hayden, think he's the only player in CM who can actually do a semblance of a job.

 

He's the only one who can run and tackle, but he's not much good when he's on the ball. But the running probably makes him our best midfielder just by default. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rich said:

Sooner, please.

 

Clark and Hayden have regressed so much since the last time I was at SJP. Yards off it today. Darlow remains utterly garbage, as well.

 

Those 2 are the 2 best examples of how much individuals have regressed under Bruce, like. Clark was pushing very in form Lascelles, Schar and Lejeune for a place in a brilliant back 3. He was better than Fernandez. I couldnt believe it as I thought he was awful before joining us. And Hayden was not only solid in front of them but also very adept and getting play moving from back to front. Couldnt say that about either of them now at all. I think Rafa made their roles so simple by really defining them it made their decision making on the pitch so much easier. Now they're all over the fucking shop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 54 said:

Completely disagree with Hayden, think he's the only player in CM who can actually do a semblance of a job.


Watched him closely today, he was nowhere far, far too often. No anticipation, no real bite, although admittedly he didn’t have much help after the opening 15z

 

Think he’s more than passable in a deep-lying two with a manager like Rafa, but that period was his ceiling here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clark, Darlow, Dummett, Lascelles, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie and Gayle we still have from the promotion season. 6 of those 8 players are regular starters, with Gayle a frequent sub and Dummett out of the picture.

 

In contrast, Brighton who came up with us have 3 - Dunk, Duffy and March - of which only 1 is still a regular starter, the other two being squad players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

 

Hilariously predictable what's happened to him, like. 

 

It really is astonishing how much he's regressed. Give the impression that last year he wasn't listening to Bruce as he knew he'd be back at Arsenal. Imagine he's thinking a new manager couldn't come soon enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But why not just play the shape that worked with these players late last season, even? Willock was so deep today and because he’s paired with ASM he spends so

much time covering wide.

 

Stupid question, I know. Can’t wait until we’ve got a competent manager again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dreadful experience really.

 

The pre-match and first five minutes were class. Loudest roar I’ve heard at SJP for years.

 

After that, it was typically shit. Chants for Bruce out non-existent until the final 10 minutes and could hear a pin drop for the majority. Stadium full of an Ashley generation. 

 

Hopefully the individual in the East Stand will be okay. It was recognisably a dreadful incident a few moments before the crowd managed to get the game stopped. Fair play to all involved though (including the players, specifically Eric Dier) who summoned help very quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a dreadful experience in my eyes.   I knew we wouldn't win but even for the build up and the 1st 10 mins, watching my lads faces was everything.  My littlest said his ears were buzzing due to the noise at the start and 1st goal.    The rest was shit but Im glad I went.   The new owners look invested in the club and so I hope we now start to turn this oil tanker around.  Starting with Bruce getting the sack tomorrow!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Dreadful experience really.

 

The pre-match and first five minutes were class. Loudest roar I’ve heard at SJP for years.

 

After that, it was typically shit. Chants for Bruce out non-existent until the final 10 minutes and could hear a pin drop for the majority. Stadium full of an Ashley generation. 

 

Hopefully the individual in the East Stand will be okay. It was recognisably a dreadful incident a few moments before the crowd managed to get the game stopped. Fair play to all involved though (including the players, specifically Eric Dier) who summoned help very quickly.


 

Must agree apart from the pre match and the first 10 mins it’s was classic Ashley years . The game means nothing when a fellow fan was in trouble , I couldn’t tell from my seat but fingers crossed.

Game went as expected but means nowt in truth compared to that fans struggle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GWN said:


 

Must agree apart from the pre match and the first 10 mins it’s was classic Ashley years . The game means nothing when a fellow fan was in trouble , I couldn’t tell from my seat but fingers crossed.

Game went as expected but means nowt in truth compared to that fans struggle. 

 

It was close to us and did not look good at all. Really pleased to hear they are now stable and appearing to be on the road to recovery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Dreadful experience really.

 

The pre-match and first five minutes were class. Loudest roar I’ve heard at SJP for years.

 

After that, it was typically shit. Chants for Bruce out non-existent until the final 10 minutes and could hear a pin drop for the majority. Stadium full of an Ashley generation. 

 

Hopefully the individual in the East Stand will be okay. It was recognisably a dreadful incident a few moments before the crowd managed to get the game stopped. Fair play to all involved though (including the players, specifically Eric Dier) who summoned help very quickly.

 

I really think most fans went to the game to celebrate today, probably didn't want to sour the atmosphere by protest chants....until they were almost forced into it by the sheer ineptitude on display. 

 

Agree on the stadium being full of the Ashley generation, but that's because the hardcore fans either got priced out or gave up their season tickets in protest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TRon said:

 

I really think most fans went to the game to celebrate today, probably didn't want to sour the atmosphere by protest chants....until they were almost forced into it by the sheer ineptitude on display. 

 

Agree on the stadium being full of the Ashley generation, but that's because the hardcore fans either got priced out or gave up their season tickets in protest.

 

Maybe so, but doesn’t explain why the stadium was pretty much near silent from five minutes onward, despite us leading at that point.

 

Not helped by the god awful tactics and football on display, but still really poor.

 

It can only get better from here!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the game was mostly shit, but I can't deny that I shed a tear after we scored the first goal. That's the most I've celebrated a goal in years, and it just felt like such a release of emotion to finally give a shit again about us.

 

Aside from the result, we've got just a handful of decent players and really need a complete overhaul in January. Bruce is not the man to oversea this and needs to be gone by the morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very telling that a lot of the match day reports (from members getting back) are more about the crowd (and event) than the game. The game was so fucking poor after 15-20 mins, there clearly isn't much else to talk about.

 

Somehow the team managed to bend the fabric of time and make it draaaaaaag the fuck out. 

 

Exciting thing, for me, is that we can finally be optimistic that we're going to steadily improve. Deliberately improve, if you like. It'll take years...but it'll be better and better as we improve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...