Newcastle United 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 17/10/21

Disco

12 hours ago, huss9 said:

we were watching the CPR from the Gallowgate..

i think the real hero was the lass sat next to him.

she was doing chest compressions for at least 10 minutes and that's not easy.

if she hadnt, the chances of the defibrillator working would have markedly reduced.

think i've read on social media somewhere she was a nurse.

Medical staff should have discounted tickets. Wouldn't have had me doing my dayjob while at the match! ;)

20 hours ago, Willow said:

Among those intervening when a fan collapsed during Sunday's game was A&E Doctor Tom Prichard, who is also part of the medical staff at Middlesbrough FC's youth academy and Newcastle Thunder rugby league team.

He spoke to the BBC on Monday:

"It's something you see at work fairly often but I haven't really had this outside of the hospital before.

There was an elderly gentleman laid out on the seats in cardiac arrest and CPR ongoing. Luckily, St John's got the pads on quickly. Another friend who sits next to me came over as well and we gave the guy a shock through the defebrillator.

"He was quite fortunate as well because very quickly, an intensive care doctor and a cardiologist arrived and we were able to bring him back again.

"I had no idea what was going on behind me; I had no idea the match had been stopped.

"This wasn't just me: I had a friend helping out and the other two doctors. St. John's were brilliant - the club doctor came over.

"I would say when I was walking back and fans were chanting "hero" at me, that was one of the best moments of my life."

Crazy seeing him on TV as I’ve met him a fair few times at uni. He’s a great bloke and one of the funniest people I’ve met. Outstanding from everyone really. Have to credit the Spurs players too. 

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

More communication. I'm absolutely certain we wouldn't have got this under the previous regime.

Great news, hope he makes a speedy recovery