Tutorial needed

Guest Mandy

Ok , I need someone to explain very simply how I download music (got a rough idea) and how do i then get it off my pc and onto my mp3? I read the instructions but think I'm to thick to comprehend! I know I can "rip" music from my cd's I can actually do that. But what do I do once it's ripped them? Where have they gone too? How do I find them, and if I ever do how do I get them on my mp3? I am sure this is really simple (my son can do it so it can't be hard) but I need to know how to do it before it becomes simple. I realise I'm a pain for asking, but I'd be eternally greatful for any help. Oh and before anyone tells me...I do know I need a search engine or whatever before I can download...ta.

You'll need a p2p downloading program if you want to acquire music ( :wink: ), I can email you one.

Basically then, you just need to copy the files you download or rip to your mp3 player through the software it came with. If it didn't come with any, it's likely just a usb mass storage drive, which means you can copy stuff over with 'My Computer' - it should appear as a drive when you plug it in. The music ripped from your CD's may not work on it as they will be in a different format (wma - i assume you've used Windows Media Player), but either way, the music should have been ripped into your 'My Documents' folder, in 'My Music' i think.

Will post more later, when i get home.

What player do you have ? What come with it in terms of cables etc etc.

If its an i-pod u can use Itunes to put the songs on and download them, however u have to pay. I dont have an ipod i just copy the music across like copying files from a folder to another