Yasir Al-Rumayyan

Fantail Breeze

:lol: Imagine our previous owner trying to make nice with the Queen.

'Lovely fireplace you've got there, Your Majesty. Shame if I were to obliterate it after necking one too many of this complimentary bubbly...'

Our chairman flies in from an Aramco golf tourney in New York. Tours his new club for the first time. Get's a standing ovation in front of 52,000 fans. Heads to London to meet the Queen next to Bill Gates. :lol: I mean, christ what a change for us. 

Edited by Kanji

Just now, Kanji said:

Our chairman flies in from an Aramco golf tourney in New York. Tours his new club for the first time. Get's a standing ovation in front of 52,000 fans. Heads to London to meet the Queen next to Bill Gates. :lol: I mean, christ what a change for us. 

Better than being sick in a fireplace, that’s for sure.

Somebody at that event obviously asked him / congratulated him on the purchase of NUFC and you know he obviously had some great things to say and likely what it could be in a few years. Wild to me. 

Said to some mates on Sunday when Yasir was buzzing that for all of the recent investments of PIF he's not going to get that type of feeling anywhere else in his business life, Disney on Ice isn't going to be able to compete. Hopefully that feeling keeps him interested and wanting it regularly.

1 hour ago, KDT said:

Said to some mates on Sunday when Yasir was buzzing that for all of the recent investments of PIF he's not going to get that type of feeling anywhere else in his business life, Disney on Ice isn't going to be able to compete. Hopefully that feeling keeps him interested and wanting it regularly.

Even before Jamie Rueben mentioned in an interview that Yasir is a massive sports fan, read somewhere else that it was very much something he championed (this club), but further investments by PIF into McLaren and Aramco sponsorships in sports across the world. He absolutely bloody loves golf and if he's a football fan, this will be something he probably does get personally involved with more than people realize (despite how busy he is).

2 hours ago, KDT said:

Him being there speaks volumes as to how they view/value their investment, they will want NUFC to be the dominant force in world football for their centre-piece of their sporting strategy.