Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United 23/10/21 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Reddit is a huge website, its a shame they call football soccer on their website.

Apparently the Americans are able to stream all of our games, even the 3PM kick offs! We should have a service like that over here.

Edited by Menace

9 minutes ago, Menace said:

Reddit is a huge website, its a shame they call football soccer on their website.

Apparently the Americans are able to stream all of our games, even the 3PM kick offs! We should have a service like that over here.

Scandinavians have it as well. FWIW we can watch all the nfl games live where I don't think they can in the US.

34 minutes ago, madras said:

Scandinavians have it as well. FWIW we can watch all the nfl games live where I don't think they can in the US.

All local markets get all NFL games. There are some blackouts on gamepass due to sky games but I use a VPN to get around those.

Every PL match is available for us. You either get the handful of matches that are on the NBC family of channels or you get all of them by paying extra for NBC’s peacock tv streaming service. 

re: NFL, you get something like 5-6 games a week with local tv and ESPN. You can pay extra for NFL REDZone which is a studio hosted show where they just run through every game and cut in and out when there’s big plays or teams are officially in the red zone. You can also pay for Sunday ticket that gives you every out of market game. 

our blackout rules for NFL are as simple as if a home team hasn’t sold out, then within a defined radius (for Tampa it was something like 60-80 miles) the local coverage is blacked out. But if you’re outside the radius, they don’t expect you to have to deal with that. 

so my point with football blackouts are that if it’s televised, and the match is away from home - really think it’s unfair to black out if an allocation is limited and sold out. It’d make more sense if they only applied it to home matches and fans within a radius of the stadium. 

but seems like we’ve got some strong opposers to it. 

I'd guess the non-league games attendance in the region would be severely effected if all away games were on TV

Tbh the novelty of watching any Prem game you wanted quickly grew thin during lockdown for me

Edited by joeyt

The entirety of the riches of the league is basically pinned to massive tv contracts. It’s become a globalized game tailored to people abroad while it appears you guys locally get shafted. 

I guess I’m trying to say I think it’s unfair for you guys in England to miss matches (legally) via tv if you can’t attend a match in the stadium home or away. 

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

It's not just local. Nothing at 3pm Saturday is allowed to be broadcasted. 

The FA cup final was the only game allowed to be broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday. And even that's been moved now.