Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United 23/10/21 @ 15:00 (No TV)

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Of course it's fair. Nobody has a god given right to watch every single football match on TV. If you want to watch it go to Selhurst Park.

Only a tiny amount of Newcastle fans can go to Selhurst Park though...

I'm not really saying I have a god-given right to watch it, just that it seems a very old-fashioned commercial decision in the world of on-demand content. And also the fact that a TV subscriptions is the thing that powers the whole of the Premier League.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, jackyboy said:

The last time I went to Palace was when I took my dad and it was the day that Tony Green picked up the injury that ended his career. He was one of the best midfielders I had ever seen

My last time there was when we were first relegated under Ashley, a great weekend in London visiting my sis, going to comedy clubs and eating out. The game was delayed I think as  way more Toon fans were in attendance than should have been, I thought we were gonna get crushed at one point me and my 8 year old nephew.

Just now, HTT II said:

My last time there was when we were first relegated under Ashley, a great weekend in London visiting my sis, going to comedy clubs and eating out. The game was delayed I think as  way more Toon fans were in attendance than should have been, I thought we were gonna get crushed at one point me and my 8 year old nephew.

I don't think it was delayed as we got in late because it was so busy and missed the first goal.

Just now, Wullie said:

I don't think it was delayed as we got in late because it was so busy and missed the first goal.

Maybe my memory is hazy, I remember getting into the match late, mind I had had a few beers before hand so wouldn’t know if we had already kicked off. We got the train down that day and went with my sis and her bloke’s good friend and his son who we hadn’t even met, he sorted us our tickets, and now we are like family, such happy memories of that season and times even though we were in the Championship. We stayed until the Monday and I still have a video of my nephew doing about 200 kick ups at Kings Cross on my old laptop somewhere, nearly knocking my coffee out of my hand the little tw@t. Ashley was the owner, KK had gone and we were a league down. But it still felt great following NUFC. That soon stopped and may never really return for me…

Other than their habit of conceding with the last kick of the game, they've really impressed me. I thought they were completely fucked this season with all the players they were losing, I don't think Vieira's getting enough credit for what he's done so far.

Just now, Wullie said:

Other than their habit of conceding with the last kick of the game, they've really impressed me. I thought they were completely fucked this season with all the players they were losing, I don't think Vieira's getting enough credit for what he's done so far.

They look a totally different team in every way, plating style, attack, pressing, fitness, energy, tactics, the lot. Wait until it takes him another two years though to change how they play…

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

So what are the blackout rules then? Is it within a radius of the stadium? 

No it's country-wide, between 14:45 and 17:15 on a Saturday

It's actually a UEFA rule that any country can enforce but only, I believe England, Scotland and Montenegro actually do it. This is basically because they're the only countries whose top divisions play at the same time as the lower divisions.

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

So if you're not 1 of 2000 away fans in the allocation (obtained via lottery i assume for members only?) then you've no way of watching it? Or are you able to see it at pubs? 

Obtained via loyalty points but yes, there is no legal way to watch the game anywhere.