Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United 23/10/21 @ 15:00 (No TV)

5 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Darlow

Manq    Lascelles   Schar   Lewis

Hayden

Longstaff         Willock

Almiron                            ASM

Wilson

I mean I'd change things around too, but Darlow up top is quite radical.

Fuucking hell. I had a feeling Jones was behind the Krafth as a RCB thing that was tried last season. He wants natural right/left footers on either side of the back three I think, ideally converted full backs. But Krafth is so bad, you can't play him under any circumstances 

1 minute ago, buzz said:

Fuucking hell. I had a feeling Jones was behind the Krafth as a RCB thing that was tried last season. He wants natural right/left footers on either side of the back three I think, ideally converted full backs. But Krafth is so bad, you can't play him under any circumstances 

Schar was the first player whose motivation visibly dropped, there is every possibility that he's not up to 90 minutes and has been sacrificed so as not to use up a sub before the game has started.

We have to go with what's available currently I guess, I'm not going to slate the selection until I see how they do on the pitch, I'll give them a chance - let's be honest, some of these lads came in under Bruce and we all know how different players can be under different managers. Hasn't Krafth done well for his international side while at us? Or am I thinking of a different player?

6 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

Jesus.  What a mess of a team. I am better than Fraser. 

The thing about Fraser is he assisted so many of Wilson's goals at Bournemouth and so he really should have been used more than he has been if just for that reason alone, be interesting to see how today plays out.

Edited by KaKa

17 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

As much as I want Schar in, I think it's suicide to leave the left side so vulnerable. I can see the reasoning behind a back 3 with Clark on the left.

Clark’s a poorer defender than Schar, like, although it’s close.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Clark’s a poorer defender than Schar, like, although it’s close.

I understand that, but whoever plays on the left is going to be constantly drawn out to our exposed  flank. Playing a left footer gives a better opportunity to get to the ball first. 3 at the back gives extra cover in case Lascelles is drawn to cover Clarke. Schar on the right would be perfect, but I suspect he's not up to 90 minutes.

Edited by Happinesstan

Wise selection, I'd say. It looks like a more defensive formation, with a back five, and Fraser in for Willock.

Fraser has pace and a decent work rate, so he'd suit a counter-attacking game.

Back to basics is the right call.