London based toon fans

Stevie

This is highly unlikely I know, but do any of you know any pubs in East, South London or Central London who have the toon game on against Bolton tomorrow.  It's a family occasion I'm going down for, give the nephew presents etc.. but fuck family till the match is finished.  So can anyone help?

Barley Mow (I think) normaly shows the games but I think thats more North London.

Not much help, sorry  :(

Can you be more specific Jon, there must be 100 Barley Mow's in London.  I don't really want to go to North London, certainly no further north than Islington, but I will if I know it's definitely on.

Could someone just ask the question on Talk Of The Tyne for me, "anyone know where the toon game might be on in London", I'd do it myself but I'm banned because the admin guys a total prick.

Cheers in advance  :thup:

Guest 3-1 NYD

I live in the smoke & unless you get lucky and stumble on a bar showing the game there's absolutely no chance of seeing the game. There's bars all over London showing snide feeds of games but suffice to say its normally one of the London teams or ManUsa/Dippers.

I have'nt a scooby about the Barley Mow as the Geordie guvnor who had it left after the Lillestrom game in the summer. I don't even know if it shows football anymore (its on Duke Street should you wish to contact them). As for the bar in the Barbican, last time I went past there it had changed its name & I don't remember its name. It may be worth trying the 3 Famous Kings which is in Earls Court but I get the feeling that they are a kosher establishment who don't show illegal games.

I hope that this is of some assistance & that you get a result finding somewhere.

The Barley Mow on Duke Street (5mins from Bond Street Station) is THE geordie pub but only shows sky games, not illegal games.

There is an Irish bar 5mins from Bow Road Station (East London) that shows illegal games, i watched the Liverpool away match there, but i don't know if they will show the match tomorrow.

sorry I can't help more but it's usually just a word of mouth thing when you're down there, and I'm in newcastle at the minute, Merry Christmas anyway Stevie

Guest Invicta_Toon

Could someone just ask the question on Talk Of The Tyne for me, "anyone know where the toon game might be on in London", I'd do it myself but I'm banned because the admin guys a total prick.

he fucking is mind. I'm not banned apparently, funny that, seeing as I can't post anything

total fucking waste of space

he f***ing is mind. I'm not banned apparently, funny that, seeing as I can't post anything

total f***ing waste of space

The guy is a fuckin wank, and believe this if you want but I know for a fact it's true, the admin on TOTT is a fuckin toon based Liverpool fan.  He banned me for branding them murderers, amongst other things according to him.  All I did was tell the truth about him, and a few others, who's pathetic netbird he was madly in love with "toongirl" was in fact a bloke from Teesside.

he f***ing is mind. I'm not banned apparently, funny that, seeing as I can't post anything

total f***ing waste of space

The guy is a fuckin wank, and believe this if you want but I know for a fact it's true, the admin on TOTT is a fuckin toon based Liverpool fan.  He banned me for branding them murderers, amongst other things according to him.  All I did was tell the truth about him, and a few others, who's pathetic netbird he was madly in love with "toongirl" was in fact a bloke from Teesside.

:lol:  Frankly, I don't know what the net did without you before '99?  It sure was fucking boring.

Guest Smudger

Stevie the best place to watch the games in London these days is here http://www.sportspubs.co.uk/new_detail.php?pubscode=161

Ive been a few times and theyve gotalmost any channel you can think of there. Last time I was there was for the Arsenal game and they were showing about 5 other Premiership games there and the rubgy at the same time. I would recommend giving them a ring though before hand just to make sure but if anywhere is gonna be showing the match tomorrow then this will be the place.

Quite a few decents beers on tap too and the grub aint too bad either.

Hope this helps.

Smudger  :thup:

Stevie the best place to watch the games in London these days is here http://www.sportspubs.co.uk/new_detail.php?pubscode=161

Ive been a few times and theyve gotalmost any channel you can think of there. Last time I was there was for the Arsenal game and they were showing about 5 other Premiership games there and the rubgy at the same time. I would recommend giving them a ring though before hand just to make sure but if anywhere is gonna be showing the match tomorrow then this will be the place.

Quite a few decents beers on tap too and the grub aint too bad either.

Hope this helps.

Smudger :thup:

Agreed that the F3K is a good pub and one of the best bets for seeing a game in London, although London teams often get priority and they are also big on showing Aussie and Kiwi sports at the possible expense of Prem football. Last couple of games I saw there were Chelsea away a few weeks ago (it sure beat paying £48) and S*nderland at the tail end of last season.

The Barley Mow, as mentioned elsewhere, is now under new management and while there are around 15-20 of us regulars who go there for every legal game, that'll all stop in the New Year as the televisions are being removed and the place is being turned into a gastropub. We're currently on the lookout for a new Toon pub we can call "home" so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Finally... as to the game tomorrow... I can almost guarantee it'll be on in Stoke Newington somewhere. That's not much use for Central or South London, but we've usually found somewhere willing to show it, even at the expense of London teams. Get up there early, have a wander around and chat to people, and you might be lucky.

Cheers

Steve