Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

I’m just pissing about by the way, I had never heard of him until recently and only because we were linked with him, sorry…[emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

Dream is he's announced tomorrow or Friday, sits alongside Mandy at Palace, has a free swing at Chelsea and then has the international break to try and mould the squad into something that resembles a premier league standard squad.

From the Northern Echo

"

Fonseca’s side were crowned were crowned Ukranian Premier League champions during every season of his tenure, and they also lifted three Ukranian Cups during his three-year stay.

He eventually stepped down from the club to take over at Roma.

During two years at the Italian giants, Fonseca managed 52 wins in 102 games, a win rate of almost 52 per cent.

He was replaced by Jose Mourinho this summer after guiding the club to the semi finals of the Europa League and a seventh placed finish in Serie A."

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

So...he's not won Serie A, but is he good? I'd never heard of him. What do people who follow European football more think?

He is pretty good but whether he can succeed here is a gamble. Tbh him and favre are the two exciting options and I feel like either are a safer option if we are going to go buy some ballers in January. 

2 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

So...he's not won Serie A, but is he good? I'd never heard of him. What do people who follow European football more think?

Maybe @ponsaelius can answer this?

Ton about him posted in the next manager thread too - 

highly rated football manager replaced only because new ownership wanted star name in Mourinho. @ponsaelius is the resident Serie A expert and could probably give the best detailed accounts. 

Stuff like he's obsessed with possession, doesn't ever like sitting back and absorbing, wants to go out and play good football and trains his teams to beat other teams by passing, moving, and attacking. 

Edited by Kanji

I mean, I will gladly take this guy as he must surely be a significant upgrade on Bruce, and he does appear to have an actual footballing philosophy. But is 5th & 7th in Serie A anything to get excited about?