Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

29 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

This is quite a scary thought, considering we are in a relegation battle [emoji38]

How do we think he would line us up?

Back 3 of Schar, Lascelles and Fernandez, Manquiloo and Lewis as WBs. Hayden and Willock in the moddle with Almiron, ASM and Wilson up front. If he can get some spirit in the camp we should do enough to survive.

4 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I'm already sold on Fonseca now, just get it done.

Same, what I like the most is his planning, it's like Rafa, he just fucking loves football.  He's as close to Rafa as we could get at the present time but plays a completely different and unique style.  We'll need some shit hot fullbacks though but I'd like to see Lewis after some decent coaching.

No I don’t want Allardyce, but Favre seems like a more sensible option to me at this point in time. Roma conceded 58 goals in 38 games last season in the League. With the quality of our defence and the lack of a decent defensive midfielder this does not bode well. 

Nothing would please me more than to return to an attacking approach but I just don’t think we have the players at the moment. And we cannot just magic a new defence in January.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

I’m totally sold on Fonseca but after watching a few interviews with him speaking English I can’t get it out of my head that he sounds like Borat 😂

Borat is a fictional Character from Kazakhstan whilst Fonseca is Portuguese.  Where do you normally go on holiday out of interest?

1 minute ago, Toontimes said:

No I don’t want Allardyce, but Favre seems like a more sensible option to me at this point in time. Roma conceded 58 goals in 38 games last season in the League. With the quality of our defence and the lack of a decent defensive midfielder this does not bode well. 

Nothing would please me more than to return to an attacking approach but I just don’t think we have the players at the moment. And we cannot just magic a new defence in January.

HORSE SHIT

Favre has also been criticized for his teams defending. Especially from those that watched Dortmund on this message board. Favre plays attacking front foot football too? We would be getting more experience especially in turning relegation form teams around but not sure pragmatic or Defensive is right with favre.

7 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

With the quality of our defence and the lack of a decent defensive midfielder this does not bode well. 

It’s not like Bruce was even playing our best defenders. Or coaching them. We’ve been playing wingers/midfielders at both full back positions for ages. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It’s not like Bruce was even playing our best defenders. Or coaching them. We’ve been playing wingers/midfielders at both full back positions for ages. 

Our defenders did well under Rafa, our midfield looked a lot better.  We actually have a much better team now then when Rafa left as well.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Favre has also been criticized for his teams defending. Especially from those that watched Dortmund on this message board. Favre plays attacking front foot football too? We would be getting more experience especially in turning relegation form teams around but not sure pragmatic or Defensive is right with favre.

We’re appointing an attack-minded manager, that much is clear. Is it the best way to go in this moment? Maybe not, but I’m fine with it.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

You can be attack minded without being a total mess at the back.

According to Bruce it's one or the other... Even before he decided to do it "his way" we were still a mess at the back 

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Laughing thinking about all the maniacs who scream FUCKING CLEAR IT MAN! at any opportunity having to watch Newcastle's defence constantly try and pass its way through a press.

Oh memories of the Munich friendly a few years back when Owen Hargreaves showed us how football had changed. Blokes in front of in raptures "this is brilliant, all possession, go when the times right, so fluid and in control", we get the ball, screams of "GET IT FORWARD MAN, WE'LL NOT SCORE FROM THERE!!!"

26 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Borat is a fictional Character from Kazakhstan whilst Fonseca is Portuguese.  Where do you normally go on holiday out of interest?

You think Sacha Baron Cohen’s voice for Borat is authentic Kazakhstan? 😂

40 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m totally sold on Fonseca but after watching a few interviews with him speaking English I can’t get it out of my head that he sounds like Borat 😂

If he sounds like Borat I really, really want him to manage us.

17 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

This is well worth a watch :) Really gives you a feel for his approach and breaks things down in quite a bit of detail on a tactical level too. 

I have watched this, it just pure class. Like Rafa apart from his style of play. It's all about the details. 

41 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

This is well worth a watch :) Really gives you a feel for his approach and breaks things down in quite a bit of detail on a tactical level too. 

However, that bit where he says it makes him really uncomfortable when his team can't keep possession. He better start learning to cope with that feeling.

Edited by Jackie Broon