Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

pedro.gva6

Paulo #Fonseca is close to becoming Newcastle's next coach, succeeding Steve #Bruce. The English club presented a proposal for a 4-year contract to the Portuguese coach. 🇵🇹️ #NUFC

5 min

1 minute ago, Toon1994 said:

pedro.gva6

Paulo #Fonseca is close to becoming Newcastle's next coach, succeeding Steve #Bruce. The English club presented a proposal for a 4-year contract to the Portuguese coach. 🇵🇹️ #NUFC

5 min

You guys know the game better than me but it seems like a good appointment from all I read. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Have Campos and Fonseca worked together before, or just because they’re both Portuguese? 

Appointing those two would send a hell of a message to all those other lovely clubs in the Premier League.

Just now, manorpark said:

Appointing those two would send a hell of a message to all those other lovely clubs in the Premier League.

To be honest, I’d be happy with any of the names being mentioned- Overmars, Campos, Rangnick, Berta etc. All top class. 

An element of risk with this guy, but from what I see he's a dedicated football thinker who obsesses every detail and cultivates teamwork and professionalism.

I'd rather have a guy that has some experience of winning, (if even in Ukraine) over Howe or Lampard.

He's a class act no doubt, but let's see how he works with our defence - I think we have just about enough to execute his vision... Just.

Excited by the potential and attacking approach he brings.

12 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

It's a strange feeling that everything is positive.

P O S I T I V E is the 'way to be', and I have a feeling that most of us are going to feel that way about most aspects of NUFC for a very long time into the future!

We have earned it.

Can only see this happening if the DoF has also been confirmed. Fingers crossed they have and its Campos or Rangnick.

From the list suggested Fonseca seems the best even if its a bit of a gamble. He seems to have more charisma than the rest and that is just what we need. Someone likeable, someone that will play attacking football and get everyone back to being positive.

37 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Can only see this happening if the DoF has also been confirmed. Fingers crossed they have and its Campos or Rangnick.

From the list suggested Fonseca seems the best even if its a bit of a gamble. He seems to have more charisma than the rest and that is just what we need. Someone likeable, someone that will play attacking football and get everyone back to being positive.

In our situation we need to defend before we attack .