Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

We need to do both and no reason we can't. Some semblance of organization and tactics will help solidify which was the best defence outside the top 6 a few seasons ago. Maybe its too far gone but I think we will be fine. No manager coming in will be under any false pretences as to the job that needs to be done and the limitations or potential in squad we have.  

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

We need to do both and no reason we can't. Some semblance of organization and tactics will help solidify which was the best defence outside the top 6 a few seasons ago. Maybe its too far gone but I think we will be fine. No manager coming in will be under any false pretences as to the job that needs to be done and the limitations or potential in squad we have.  

we can attack tbf?

I mean, we’re not particularly good at attacking and too often we don’t do it cohesively/as a team so there are huge gaps to exploit. To be honest the whole idea of attack vs defence is a bit of a red herring. Part of the reason our defence is so bad is because we’re so so bad at keeping the ball and putting the opposition under pressure. We begin attacks from our own 18 yard box. We basically don’t function as a unit.

Edited by alijmitchell

I'm so confused, communication from the club, looking for a manager who isn't a doormat, useless merry go round usual.

It's like we're a proper club, run by people who aren't vindictive classless slobs.

Edited by Bimpy474

Actually interviewing for top managers and asking why they want to manage us rather than begging and bribing has-beens and flops to do the job.   It’s like a proper club. 

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Everything points to him having the job , 99% 

yet 8/13 in the betting seems practically buying money , yet I’m reluctant to pile in. 

Signs would certain point to him being a shoe in, but I’m not sure it’s done and dusted just yet. (Plus I’m holding out hope for Ten Hag). 

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

Everything points to him having the job , 99% 

yet 8/13 in the betting seems practically buying money , yet I’m reluctant to pile in. 

Good shout, all the signs are there but very little stacked up on exchange to back him, £58 @ 1.74 indicates its no done deal but its still tingly knowing were this far advanced from 2 weeks ago, surreal in fact

Tell you what I cannot believe we might be on the verge of actually getting a very promising manager that is very forward thinking and sees the game as more than just grinding out results. I really think the fans deserve this.

There's an element of risk involved for certain, but I really admire the ambition and intent being shown here by the new owners. God willing we can then manage to stay up and really enjoy this ride.

Sick of seeing other clubs go for it with some of the more unconventional or less fancied or unknown hires and end up leaving us in the dust on every level. It's left us in a position now where even Brentford have had a better manager than us. If this guy comes in and manages to put his ideas across and really gels with the club, we are going to be set for a very long time. 

West Brom did well to come up last year and were having an okay start and then completely started over thinking things and brought in Allardyce to stabilize them in the premier league and it was a complete disaster. He had Connor McGallagher and Perreira to build around and completely neutralised them both by sitting deep and pumping long balls to the 6 foot 4 Diagne.

Happy we're aiming for much better ideas than that and this is something all the fans should be excited to get behind and hopefully it can really get this team into a safe position and then we can all relax and push on from there going forward.

8 hours ago, Manxst said:

To be honest, I’d be happy with any of the names being mentioned- Overmars, Campos, Rangnick, Berta etc. All top class. 

Overmars it sounds like though would probably be bottom of that list for me.

Guest neesy111
39 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I think if he could just get the players fit that would make a difference

If?  More like when.

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s a more positive appointment than the others also based on the fact they have been holding talks with him since the summer. It shows this is a considered decision and not rushed.

Interesting though that the media were saying a week ago we couldn’t sack Bruce because the consortium had no plan… :lol: 

It’s almost like they make it up as they go along.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Overmars it sounds like though would probably be bottom of that list for me.

Developing 42 players into the first team, and also bringing in over 600m in player sales since he’s been there- he’s right up there with the others imo.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Developing 42 players into the first team, and also bringing in over 600m in player sales since he’s been there- he’s right up there with the others imo.

In fairness I fully accept that was a rare post of mine that I based on knowing absolutely nothing 🙂 Didn’t realise he’d had the job that long? Thought it was EVDS who got the credit 🤷‍♂️