Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

I think there are probably shit tons of names falling into the hat, people pushing their clients etc.

They've done the right thing in shifting Bruce on. GJ knows that he has a few games now so we have a little breathing space to carefully select the right candidate.

Let's hope we can get some points on the board to avoid the new man being cut adrift when he starts.

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I think there are probably shit tons of names falling into the hat, people pushing their clients etc.

They've done the right thing in shifting Bruce on. GJ knows that he has a few games now so we have a little breathing space to carefully select the right candidate.

Let's hope we can get some points on the board to avoid the new man being cut adrift when he starts.

This is it for me. Absolutely mental mind, that for the first time since 2004? We’ve probably been a tasty proposition to agents and managers alike. 

edit: And we still ended up with Souness and chasing after Bruce ffs [emoji38]

Edited by TheGuv

1 hour ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

:lol: yeah fuk u zizou :lol:

his teams always fairly solid as well no?  anyway just total bollocks, was just thinking if Ando's surprise is legit and whatnot he's someone that nobody has talked about

Arsene?

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's absolutely loads of reasons it might not have been signed off yet.

Certainly is, I just think if he was the outstanding candidate and number 1 choice it would have been done by now. Might be wrong have to wait and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Certainly is, I just think if he was the outstanding candidate and number 1 choice it would have been done by now. Might be wrong have to wait and see what happens.

Too simplistic. I'm not saying that it's certainly Fonseca but what if they haven't arranged a face to face until say Monday, after the Palace game.

He might need flights, accommodation, agents, solicitors, personal documents etc.

What if the club hasn't signed off on him yet? We know that we have a slow decision making process.Sometimes things can be slow in football.

On the other hand, I still think there is a fair chance of someone else being interviewed next week. Favre perhaps.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Agreed, if he was really really wanted there is literally nothing stopping them getting it done. 

apart from interviewing other managers. He can be really wanted by the UK based consortium but they’re following a recruitment process and PIF are signing off.

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

apart from interviewing other managers. He can be really wanted by the UK based consortium but they’re following a recruitment process and PIF are signing off.

Interviewing other managers wouldn’t stop them because if they wanted him they wouldn’t need to. I’m not bothered either way, I’m glad they are taking their time and hopefully we win today to give them more space to get the right man. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Interviewing other managers wouldn’t stop them because if they wanted him they wouldn’t need to. I’m not bothered either way, I’m glad they are taking their time and hopefully we win today to give them more space to get the right man. 

They would need to because that’s the process they’re following? It’s a weird argument to make I think, that no-one on the board really wants him because they’re interviewing other people? That’s not how recruitment works if you’ve agreed as a group to follow the process. 

Anyway, I’m glad they’re taking their time too, hopefully we don’t have to wait TOO long though so we can all argue about something else.

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

They would need to because that’s the process they’re following? It’s a weird argument to make I think, that no-one on the board really wants him because they’re interviewing other people? That’s not how recruitment works if you’ve agreed as a group to follow the process. 

Anyway, I’m glad they’re taking their time too, hopefully we don’t have to wait TOO long though so we can all argue about something else.

Yeah all that matters is we get the right man (anyone mentioned that isn’t Lampard, Martinez and Howe for me).

I’m sure I’ve heard them use the word “process” many times since the takeover happened. In any business, you can’t hire the first person you interview just because he’s a great candidate. You go through the list and then make a decision.

2 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Dunno about that.  Even if they like him, they'll want to be diligent and look at other candidates.  Then there will be the contract negotiations, coaching staff decisions.  

Not gonna happen as fast as it does on FM.

but Jones has been given 2 games, all of next week and beyond without signing him? Nah they are looking around at others as well , clearly don’t have a number one target now , no problem in looking and interviewing etc .

It’s actually refreshing that the powers that be are making sure they get the perfect fit for the club. 

2 games is nothing in the long term big picture if you take into consideration logistics of bringing someone in from another country, settling them and family into the area. Not forgetting discussion around the appointment of the new back room staff and suchlike. 

3 minutes ago, RS said:

It’s actually refreshing that the powers that be are making sure they get the perfect fit for the club. 

2 games is nothing in the long term big picture if you take into consideration logistics of bringing someone in from another country, settling them and family into the area. Not forgetting discussion around the appointment of the new back room staff and suchlike. 

Very true, there's 30 games to play and the bottom half of this league is absolute poison tbh.  We've got more attacking talent than most of the bottom half of the table as it stands, just need to improve their fitness and availability + competent coaching + new coaching/management team + jan additions we'll be fine

important to get the right person now and identify the right targets though

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Good article in the athletic this morning going through some managers we should be targeting. I really hope we do go foreign for this appointment.

There was some really left field names on there, most of whom I'd never heard of. Props to the Athletic football writers though, they certainly know their football. I think I might keep that subscription past the trial period after all. really refreshing to read that level of insight. 

Just now, TRon said:

There was some really left field names on there, most of whom I'd never heard of. Props to the Athletic football writers though, they certainly know their football. I think I might keep that subscription past the trial period after all. really refreshing to read that level of insight. 

Can you name some of the names they mentioned?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Some "surprise names", you say?

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Can you name some of the names they mentioned?

Fonseca is on there but here are some of the others:

Vincenzo Italiano

Roberto Venturato

Ruben Amorim

Leonardo Jardim

Francesco Farioli

Monchi Lupetegui

Xabi Alonso

Ernesto Valverde

Edin Terzic

Domineco Tedesco

Mathias Jaissle

FWIW Roy Hodgson and Potter were on there as well, but I got the feeling that was more just so that there would be a couple of English options as well. Not sure they were that convinced themselves about the wisdom of appointing one of them. 

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Fonseca is on there but here are some of the others:

Vincenzo Italiano

Roberto Venturato

Ruben Amorim

Leonardo Jardim

Francesco Farioli

Monchi Lupetegui

Xabi Alonso

Ernesto Valverde

Edin Terzic

Domineco Tedesco

Mathias Jaissle

The sporting lad Amorim sounded brilliant 

25 minutes ago, TRon said:

Pretty sure they just looked at this

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik