Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'd assume the final straw would mean you'd stop supporting/watching.  So obviously nobody here has reached the final straw yet.

I've not stopped watching, but I've stopped financially contributing (ie Sky, matchday tickets, merchandise) and I've stopped allowing anything negative to adversely affect my life.

I'll always care on some level, you're born with that and it can't ever truly go, not for me, but I'm done letting these charlatans constantly ruin my weekend / January / Summer and I refuse to put money in their pockets for the privilege of having them do it.

Another that's probably a load of BS...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/30/report-newcastle-interested-in-signing-real-madrids-marcos-llore/

Major Spanish outlet AS claim Newcastle United and La Liga outfit Deportivo La Coruna are at the front of the queue to sign Real Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente on loan.

The 23-year-old is currently way down the pecking order under manager Zinedine Zidane, with the Galacticos boasting stars such as Toni Kroos, Luke Modric, Mateo Kovacic and Casemiro.

It is believed that the Toon, along with Deportivo, are the "strongest" in the bidding to land the Real Madrid academy product, who made his debut under Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez in October 2015 during a 3-0 win over Levante.

Spain's Marcos Llorente (L) and Italy's Federico Bernardeschi vie for the ball during the UEFA U-21 European Championship football semi final match Spain v Italy in Krakow, Poland on June...

Now, Benitez is looking to form a reunion with Llorente, with Real seeing "no harm" in allowing Llorente to leave the Santiago Bernabeu for the second time on loan during his short career. He spent last season at Alaves.

Now with 16 senior Real appearances under his belt, Llorente boasts huge talent and is renowned for his intricate array of passing as well as his ability to read the game and intercept opponents' passes.

Real Betis are also interested in Llorente, as are last season's loan side Alaves, but working under Benitez for a second time could tempt the eight-time Spain Under-21 international.

Llorente has three and a half years remaining on his contract at Real and although a permanent deal seems very much off the cards at this late stage in the window, the Toon could indeed land the midfielder on loan before 11pm on Wednesday.

I cant imagine our transfer shananigans will give our current crop of players much confidence

Oh I don't know. If there was any truth in the argument that the takeover was affecting form due toplayers thinking their place was on the line, then our utter incompetence in the transfer market should be just the reassurance they need.

Merino being linked with a move to Bilbao.

No players and selling a Merino would be the final straw for me - more significantly, I expect it would be for Rafa too.

After over a decade of this, how can anyone still require a "final straw"? :lol:

What next, the final final straw? The very last straw? The absolute very last chance?

They're playing ker-plunk, they're not transporting agricultural products across the desert.

Merino being linked with a move to Bilbao.

No players and selling a Merino would be the final straw for me - more significantly, I expect it would be for Rafa too.

After over a decade of this, how can anyone still require a "final straw"? :lol:

What next, the final final straw? The very last straw? The absolute very last chance?

The straw that broke the camel's back.

'Neither Islam Slimani or Kelechi Iheanacho will be heading to Newcastle. Slimani, according to Sky Sports, will be allowed on loan but not to another Premier League side, while Iheanacho is to stay and fight for his place. [sky Sports] #NUFC'

Makes absolutely no sense that. I'd be willing to stake a large sum of money that we wouldn't be troubling Leicester's position in the league if we were to take Slimani off them.

Probably scared he might score a few goals and make them look stupid.

"We have some time. We have an important game tomorrow so I will not talk about the transfer window. I will focus on the game & not lose energy on that. Still we have time. I am still confident we can do something but I won’t talk much about it”

Guest firetotheworks

Even with my very low expectations, this transfer window has been a shocker  [emoji38]

As always we have no expectations at all and they still find a way to disappoint us. Like asking for an orange for Christmas and you get burgled instead.

When's the press release stating that PCP's attempt to buy the club made it extremely difficult to get any deals for done?

Rafa shut that down when he publicly announced that Ashley told him the deal was off at the start of January. Ashley knew, his toadies knew, Rafa knew. They just didn't do anything.

Mangala is a bizarre rumour.  At least 3 positions we desperately need to strengthen ahead of centre half.

Thought the same but Clark doesn't look up to standard, Lejeune is taking time to adapt and he clearly doesn't fancy Mbemba. If his tactic is to be tight and nick games, having a couple of centre-backs who he trusts to keep a clean sheet is important. On paper he seems a good partner for Lascelles, also gives the option of three at the back (probably Dummett, Lascelles & Mangala?) with Kenedy and Yedlin wing-backs.

Even with my very low expectations, this transfer window has been a shocker  [emoji38]

As always we have no expectations at all and they still find a way to disappoint us. Like asking for an orange for Christmas and you get burgled instead.

:lol:

This is actually pretty accurate.