Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Doesn't the club have to wait until the first installment of cash from the TV money before Rafa can purchase anyone else, unless someone leaves before that of course.

when is the new financial year?  more than likely related to that as much as anything else

April is financial year end.

But this is Ashley.

Football clubs in england run from july to june.

April is the tax year.

Football eh...

That's what I meant neesy aye. So feasibly waiting until July then. Ahem.

Kenedy & new striker(s) have to be priority. Sell Mitro for 15 - 20m. Ideally buy Kenedy or similar for 15- 20m. Sell sels, Mbember, Colback etc and hopefully raise around £10m... Get Hernandez in on free, buy Rondon for his £16m buy out and IF money left a number 10 i.e. Grealish (ok i doubt we will get him but should try) and Traore (has incredible speed and skill but Rafa will need to work on his end ball).

Birmingham Mail saying we're ready to meet the £16.5M release clause for Rondon.

probably wasting my time  (as we won't sign anyone) but watched him alot last season and I think he is decent - bit underrated - very powerful maybe not as clinical as others but was always a handful - can deliver the occasional thunderbastard as well

Guest firetotheworks

His appeal is completely lost on me, like. His best performances looked average to me and he didn't shine in a really awful team.

His appeal is completely lost on me, like. His best performances looked average to me and he didn't shine in a really awful team.

I think he has something to offer and if Rafa, he could get more out of Rondon.  His managers have been Pulis and Pardew with Carver coaching.  :lol:

Birmingham Mail saying we're ready to meet the £16.5M release clause for Rondon.

Great if true !! Would be pretty happy if we signed Kennedy, Rondon & Hernandez (or similar ) !! ... Over the moon if you added Grealish and Traore  to those three!!

Great if true !! Would be pretty happy if we signed Kennedy, Rondon & Hernandez (or similar ) !! ... Over the moon if you added Grealish and Traore  to those three!!

Kenedy aside, you are ecstatic over 4 championship players?

Kenedy aside, you are ecstatic over 4 championship players?

Yes !! Everyone has to start somewhere !! ...Dele Ali was signed from MK Dons and he not doing too bad ? One of many examples !!

We are not going to be spending mega money you know ? Who realistically would you like to see arrive ?

Totally agree, he's done nothing, hell I don't even think he's 3 times the player Joselu is, which is what his price tag suggests.

I don't know how transfers work in terms of wiring money but its clear as day to me we operate like a fucking bunch of knobs, incapable of structuring anything favorable for ourselves.

Mitro is better than rondon. What a waste of time.

It's really important to understand Rafa's way of thinking though, check out this quote while he was discussing Ayoze Perez and our strikers ...

“I will be fair with everybody at the top - Gayle, Joselu, Ayoze - everyone that was playing there,” Benitez said of his strikeforce ahead of Monday night’s trip to Everton.

“The fans expect them to score a lot of goals, but our team is a team that has to work hard as a team defending well.

“We were creating more chances than the other teams in the bottom half of the table, but to defend well, to press and play counter attack, for the strikers that isn’t easy.

“Joselu was doing a great job and so were Ayoze and Dwight. People have an opinion about the strikers for the number of goals they score, and that’s not fair [by itself].

“In this case, Ayoze has been great for us the last games, as have the other strikers. They’re all helping the team to win.

“If [Matt] Ritchie scores a goal, or [Jonjo] Shelvey, or Kenedy, then for me that’s not an issue. It’s just to be sure that we score one more than the other team.”

Rondon is an absolute workhorse from the front and unfortunately Mitro is not.

I suspect the striker we bring in will be one that leads from the front defensively.

Not only have we not bid for anyone, we're selling Merino, Mbemba and Mitrovic :lol: :lol:

So much talent leaving us and we already desperately needed strengthening. Fucking hell, we're getting relegated at this rate.

Rondon't okay. He scored a hattrick of headers once IIRC.

I'd take him. He's reliable and in our team, I think he could get us 15 goals a season.

Though he's played 36-37 games a season, a lot of those weren't starts and he still has an admirable PL tally.