Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest NobbyOhNobby

If ASM and Alan Miron are fit, where does Lookman play? If he signs he'll be expecting to start based on that being why he's leaving RB. Can't see Bruce deviating from 5-2-2-1, so struggle to see how they all fit in

If ASM and Alan Miron are fit, where does Lookman play? If he signs he'll be expecting to start based on that being why he's leaving RB. Can't see Bruce deviating from 5-2-2-1, so struggle to see how they all fit in

Because we defend deep Almiron and ASM have to put an extra shift in covering more ground and will be more injury prone .....and also need rotating more with Lookman (hopefully) and also to a lesser extent Atsu. We need 4 decent players in these positions .... without ASM we have really been a lot poorer and the team has suffered.

Lookman could be an excellent player for us coming in for ASM and Almiron when they are injured, need rotating, need resting, have run themselves into the ground, hit a poor run of form etc .... all three should get plenty of game time and Atsu as back up as well.

ASM is our best and most important player imo and has missed nine games so far .... of those games we have lost 7 and drawn one of those games. Lookman will plug that gap and more  .... if ASM pulls up again in one of our next games hopefully Lookman can help fill the void and if ASM or ALMIRON looks knackered we can put Lookman on rather than risk injuring them.

Very good player like. Guessing that’s Almiron or ASM benched unless he’s going to scrap the back 3 and go 4-2-3-1.

Where's this confidence that Lookman is better than those coming from? He's barely played since he was a kid

https://theathletic.co.uk/1519512/2020/01/09/ademola-lookman-newcastle-everton-leipzig/

"Although Newcastle have around £20 million to spend, their preference is to use the loan market where possible before looking for more permanent solutions during the off-season. As well as having both domestic loan slots available, they are also exploring whether they can bring in players from abroad on initial temporary deals with options to buy."

Apparently Lookman has been criticised by his coach for not fulfilling defensive duties. I hope Bruce - or whoever is considering the move - is aware of this and believes he can instill the workrate needed in the modern game. I know Bruce was all chuffed about getting Ben Arfa then ended up getting rid because of his poor team play. Which every man and his dog knew about beforehand. Apart from Bruce.

Apparently Lookman has been criticised by his coach for not fulfilling defensive duties. I hope Bruce - or whoever is considering the move - is aware of this and believes he can instill the workrate needed in the modern game. I know Bruce was all chuffed about getting Ben Arfa then ended up getting rid because of his poor team play. Which every man and his dog knew about beforehand. Apart from Bruce.

Weren’t the same questions raised about ASM?

Weren’t the same questions raised about ASM?

I don't recall tbh. Never really noticed if he tracks back, but haven't heard any complaints so assume he must do.

One thing is for sure, Almiron has the best work rate I've seen for a forward, we will miss that if Lookman is going to replace him.

Lookman can be a good player.

But we desperatly need a goalscorer.

Can't see Lookman scoring more than a maximum of 4-5 in a season.

Rather think we should go for Bowen.

Who's gonna score the goals?

Defenders.