Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'm not sure about the obsession Bruce has with getting another centre back. Why doesn't he just ask the current defenders to go back to the system Rafa had them playing and forget everything he taught them.

12 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

On the bright side maybe Munoz is coming, the All Star manager in Mexico's said he's going to Europe 

Yay maybe our academy won’t finish bottom 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm not sure about the obsession Bruce has with getting another centre back. Why doesn't he just ask the current defenders to go back to the system Rafa had them playing and forget everything he taught them.

Can remember him whinging about having six CBs in the squad shortly after he arrived as well (or when Lejeune first went on loan, was it?) We've got five at the moment including Dummett, whose best position is that inside-left of a three. But the key to it all is Phil Jones? Eh? 

I don't think he's really got a clue what he wants tbh. He spent his first year and a half prattling on about being burdened with a squad that's got a defense-first mentality and wanting to change to 'his way'; but I'm sure we've spent the majority of games set-up in more-or-less the same way as what he inherited, only with a different (less functional) front three. That's despite ample opportunities and transfer budgets to mould the team into whatever image he desires. 

Clueless, man. Nowt going for him at all. 

Hayden is one of a very small crop of players who absolutely have to be on the teamsheet (would argue he's the third most important after Wilson and ASM given how he's the only midfielder in the squad with his attributes), so I can't see it unless he's itching for a move again. Pity for him if he ends up at Watford, mind; had a lot of potential at one point, arguably still does in the right hands. 

Guest reefatoon

Not a fan of Hayden at all, don't really understand all the praise he gets. Just slightly less shit than all the other midfielders isn't the greatest endorsement. Plus he is soft as fuck. If he goes, he needs replacing like as the thought of Hendrick every week. Shudder. 

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Not a fan of Hayden at all, don't really understand all the praise he gets. Just slightly less shit than all the other midfielders isn't the greatest endorsement. Plus he is soft as fuck. If he goes, he needs replacing like as the thought of Hendrick every week. Shudder. 

He plays next to Shelvey so essentially has to do the job of two players. 

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I think you've answered yourself there. He's less shit than the other options we have and we're a club that doesn't replace players with improvements. That's it. I don't think anyone would rate Hayden if he played for someone else.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

He plays next to Shelvey so essentially has to do the job of two players. 

Naa, not having that. He is just so bang average like every other midfielder we have had for donkeys years. Why we have never looked at trying to upgrade our midfield over the years is crazy. I know we spend fuck all, but for me that engine room should be a priority. It's been woefully lacking for an eternity.

I like Hayden but he has been misused for some time now as a kind of box to box player. He is incapable of making contributions in the final third so it makes absolutely no sense.

Should be used as a DM only but we seemingly prefer to play… Jonjo Shelvey there instead.

The biggest problem with getting rid of him is that we won’t sensibly replace him.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Naa, not having that. He is just so bang average like every other midfielder we have had for donkeys years. Why we have never looked at trying to upgrade our midfield over the years is crazy. I know we spend fuck all, but for me that engine room should be a priority. It's been woefully lacking for an eternity.

Aye. Keep Rondon and Perez, improve the wing-backs and invest properly in a good b centre-mid and we'll be flying. [/May2019] 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Can remember him whinging about having six CBs in the squad shortly after he arrived as well (or when Lejeune first went on loan, was it?) We've got five at the moment including Dummett, whose best position is that inside-left of a three. But the key to it all is Phil Jones? Eh? 

I don't think he's really got a clue what he wants tbh. He spent his first year and a half prattling on about being burdened with a squad that's got a defense-first mentality and wanting to change to 'his way'; but I'm sure we've spent the majority of games set-up in more-or-less the same way as what he inherited, only with a different (less functional) front three. That's despite ample opportunities and transfer budgets to mould the team into whatever image he desires. 

Clueless, man. Nowt going for him at all. 

Aye, he's gone from complaining about having an embaressment of riches in a defence which was "too drilled" and blamed Rafa for that(which meant he had to park his signature free flowing football), to now saying it's the personnel of the defence that isn't good enough and that's why we're poor defensively as it couldn't possibly be his shit defensive coaching which he's now responsible for that could be why we're shite.

Classic Steve Bruce deflection tactics.

Edited by Thumbheed

Clearly were good enough if in the 2 seasons that came before him we conceded the 7th fewest goals in the league, and one of a select handful (I think Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and us) to never surpass 50 goals allowed. For all the talk that it's similar and nothing's changed on the surface, we very clearly can see the hampering our goal difference has taken us as a result of defensive mismanagement. 

Edited by nbthree3

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Least he's honest there for a fucking change.

Absolute no need to name 4 keepers whatsoever. You ask the medical staff which keeper out of Dubs and Darlow will be ready to return first and then you leave the other one out of the squad until January. Absolute bullshit as usual from Bruce.