Transfer rumours

Yorkie

8 hours ago, kisearch said:

Could see us going for someone like Tammy Abraham if he really kicks on at Roma. Would be pretty funny considering Rafa wanted him when we could have got him cheaply. 

If we'd got took over before he went to Roma would have been a great target, but by the time he's ready to move on from there, I think we might have set our sights a bit higher. But yeah, I guess you are talking about if his stock rises in that time with Roma. 

This thread is going to be a really exciting part of the forum again after the last 11 years or so. 

6 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

Still cant believe that we have owners who could buy any player they want in money wise. Mental:lol: 

I'm actually quite looking forward to our interim transfer period where we won't be able to attract the best of the best because of our current devalued standing. Buying up young talent and top players who are in their 30's and not as desirable as previously would be very exciting in itself. I can't wait for January!

19 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

Still cant believe that we have owners who could buy any player they want in money wise. Mental:lol: 

It’s going to be a pain in the arse having to start playing FM again just so I know about decent players we might sign.

It'll be interesting to see which high standing players suddenly "have always admired Newcastle" and "would be a dream to play for".

Plenty of them crawled out the woodwork when it looked like the takeover was almost done last year

Trippier and Lingaard would be attainable I think, and improve us no end. If we’re throwing money around, bid for Kalvin Philips whilst we’re at it. Then a couple of decent foreigners to both improve the team and get us noticed on the Continent, like Isak and Ginter. Or some of the current Barca youth products (Fati etc). 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

I’d get 3/4 PL experienced players for now. We need to stay up, as much as I want to go nuts. A creative mid, a striker, prob a full back. Just ensure we can stay up this season. Someone mentioned ward prowse, that’s the exact sort of signing I would be looking at 

Ward Prowse would be great. Maxi winning fouls Ward-Prowse on free kicks is a great combination. Someone mentioned Van de Beek aswell would be great with Maxi on that left hand side. Can just imagine Donny running in to the space Maxi creates. Then Maxi has either the option of playing the roads or using him as a decoy

1 hour ago, maze said:

Federico Chiesa, please:)

He’s the one I wanted when the takeover first came up - no chance now 

I wouldn’t mind Belotti and Berardi though 

good shout from some V der Beek

Gosens - Kounde

Just now, ManDoon said:

Haven’t seen anything from V der Beek that would indicate he’s a good signing. 

He was brilliant in Ajax's CL run. Maybe a bit of a system player though. Tadic was a false 9 so VDB didn't have to be that creative and could just focus at making runs to get in the box which he was brilliant at