Transfer rumours

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Saudi Magpie said:

Now I see how transfer rumors begin, only the past few days we've seen endless number of transfer talks all over the internet.

It's crazy! But I don't believe anything until I actually see the player sign for the club.

It's very simple....club has money, any player who has ever given an indication of wanting to move, or a player deemed too good for a team/not playing will be linked.

Given a media outlet anyone can make up any rumour they like. If I was writing for the Sun I could start a transfer rumour that we were looking at Will Grigg and someone would believe it

Immediate focus should be on the defence and central midfield IMO. Sort that and we should stay up with a bit to spare. We ship far too many soft goals, particularly on turnovers. 

Don't necessarily think using the loan market as a short term fix would be the worst idea either, particularly at the top end of the pitch. Don't want to be lumbering yourself with players straight away that are going to be useful for 6-10 months before the whole of the backroom/direction of the club is sorted and then get binned/hang around as dead wood.

On the flipside one young play I'd love for us to be looking at is Fábio Carvalho at Fulham. Looks right player linking the game from midfield to attack.

We know our current defenders can defend with the right system & tactics in place, and we have decent cover in the event of injuries. 

We know we don't have any adequate strikers except Wilson, and we know Wilson is injury prone.

Striker for me is first priority.

42 minutes ago, Charlies said:

This man is likely out for the rest of the season pretty much :lol:

If we are in for anyone at Leicester hopefully it is Kelechi who inexplicably continues to come off the bench at Leicester for the most part.

:lol: Of course they have. The group has been trying to buy us for four years. They’ve been playing FM in their heads and on paper for the majority of that time I’m sure.

Just like the manager list, I’m sure they have a list of preferred targets as well. 

21 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I really hope we don't buy too many opportunists or journeymen. I mean, I expect there will be some flops along the way but even though money might not be an object as such, I still don't seem to be able to get out of the mindset that I expect value for money.

Ayoze Perez at £1m was getting booed if he didn’t score a hattrick every week. Imagine what’ll happen to Mbappe at £500m if he doesn’t score on his debut :lol: