Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

No sporting director and we're looking for a new manager, I doubt transfer targets have even been discussed. 

My thoughts on this too!

1. First thing is to appoint a sporting director.

2. He will have a say in what manager to bring in.

3. They will both hava a say in what players we will sign.

On top of this the transfer window is closed for more than 2 months, so can't bring any players in now anyway.

...but of course it's fun to speculate. 😄

Edited by Toon No9

9 hours ago, Anderson said:

Would love to sign this kid, looks a proper centre forward.

If that was a beast move, I wonder what to call what he did 1-2 minutes before that?

Was like when you get the star in Super Mario!

Has always been a real talent. Have followed him sience he broke in to the first team for my local swedish team, AIK, when he was 16 or 17. His body looks weak but he is strong and has good feet and a really good mindset. And he is still progressing, only 21 years old now.

Edit: Has just turned 22, still young though.

Edited by Toon No9

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Dortmund have a buy back clause I think. They may well activate it if Haaland goes.

So we buy Haaland first, then Isak, Mæhle & Bjørkan and become the English vikings?

18 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Dortmund have a buy back clause I think. They may well activate it if Haaland goes.

35m euro buy back clause was bought out in his last contract, apparently? (According to Fabrizio Romano anyway)

edit- and here… https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/07/01/alexandre-isaks-real-sociedad-contract/amp/

Edited by Manxst

5 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

If that was a beast move, I wonder what to call what he did 1-2 minutes before that?

Has always been a real talent. Have followed him sience he broke in to the first team for my local swedish team, AIK, when he was 16 or 17. His body looks weak but he is strong and has good feet and a really good mindset. And he is still progressing, only 21 years old now.

Assuming we're talking about the same situation it looked like something out of a Beardsley highlight clip. Was amazing.

51 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Wow, didn't know that. Would be such a clever move. What a club Dortmund are.

I have also seen you linked with Dembelé (alongside a thousand other clubs). He's a brilliant player, I used to think he was the most naturally gifted player in our squad after Messi. But I don't think he has the discipline, professionalism and fitness to make the best of his ability.

That said, his contract runs out this year so I assume he's relatively risk-free (high wages, but you probably don't care anymore).

Edited by Village Idiot

5 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

I have also seen you linked with Dembelé (alongside a thousand other clubs). He's a brilliant player, I used to think he was the most naturally gifted player in our squad after Messi. But I don't think he has the discipline, professionalism and fitness to make the best of his ability.

That said, his contract runs out this year so I assume he's relatively risk-free (high wages, but you probably don't care anymore).

We don’t have a manager or DoF In place.  I think any rumours about us at present are likely wide of the mark. 

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We don’t have a manager or DoF In place.  I think any rumours about us at present are likely wide of the mark. 

Definitely - although watching Mehdrad with the ball at his feet made me wonder if he has his own ideas…

11 hours ago, Lotus said:

Isak would refuse to go back to Dortmund. Didn't like it there at all.

Btw, he scored another one and was fouled to get a penalty yesterday for Sweden against Greece.

Edited by Toon No9

16 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

Nice to see another AIK fan on here :thup: 

11 hours ago, Lotus said:

Sociedad got rid of that clause this summer, paid Dortmund a small amount and gave Isak a new contract.