Transfer rumours

Yorkie

'According to reports' might be a new pet hate.

It roughly translates to 'we saw this elsewhere, we haven't verified it (or done any actual journalism) but we didn't want to miss out on those page views' 

The red tops are awful for it. 

because the report(s) in "according to reports" is Jason Burt's article in the Telegraph 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/06/newcastles-man-city-moment-expect-organic-growth-not-statement/

Where he talks about the former Project Zebra

But the plan was for an initial £100 million to be earmarked for transfers over a four-year period, which sounds relatively modest, especially given the wealth of the owners. Fans dreaming of bids for the likes of Kylian Mbappe might be disappointed in that. But it is £100 million more than is being invested in Newcastle at present and they will know that further funds can easily be committed if necessary.

I can't find any reference in the article to any details about that plan. Google around a bit about "Project Zebra" and the chronicle references the Financial Times about it: 

The Financial Times, which has had close links to the Staveley camp in the past, suggested that a sum of around £200million had earmarked for investment in both the club and infrastructure.

The FT say that the funds would be used to bolster the playing staff and also improve the training ground facilities.

But I couldn't find anything further about that being over 4 years, or the assumption the facilities upgrade would eat 100m of that. At this point I decided I was tired of digging and that it was all made up.

Edited by thomas

The article they're mentioning is a week old now https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/06/newcastles-man-city-moment-expect-organic-growth-not-statement/, I'll give this a look over for £100m over 4 years

"But the plan was for an initial £100 million to be earmarked for transfers over a four-year period, which sounds relatively modest, especially given the wealth of the owners. Fans dreaming of bids for the likes of Kylian Mbappe might be disappointed in that. But it is £100 million more than is being invested in Newcastle at present and they will know that further funds can easily be committed if necessary.

"It showed prudence was important. Crucially, £50 million was to be devoted, in years two and three of the ownership, on either redeveloping the training ground at Darsley Park or moving to a new one."

Edited by nbthree3

I mean, I still think they won’t spend mega bucks as they’d ideally like to see some form of ROI.

Unless they’re utterly deluded though, I don’t see how they can dream of winning the league in 5 to 10 years with that kind of outlay :lol: 

Does the Express still say that thousands of immigrants are coming and bringing bad weather and snow with them ? 

Their last Storm of the century warning turned out to be about as destructive as a butterfly's fart.