Transfer rumours

Yorkie

9 hours ago, Manxst said:

Not to a lot of people. We need other positions filled first. Especially given their form and fitness since leaving the PL. 

This whole 'filled first' concept is baffling. If the board plan to bring in CB, CM, LB, RB, striker, it doesn't matter what order they're signed in.

Just because you sign a striker doesn't mean you're not going to follow that up with 2 CMs

4 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

This whole 'filled first' concept is baffling. If the board plan to bring in CB, CM, LB, RB, striker, it doesn't matter what order they're signed in.

Just because you sign a striker doesn't mean you're not going to follow that up with 2 CMs

Because I think they won’t sign 6 players and certain positions need to be filled first? I’m sure the coats do want to sign all those positions, but not in one window. 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because I think they won’t sign 6 players and certain positions need to be filled first? I’m sure the coats do want to sign all those positions, but not in one window. 

I think they'll sign whatever they think we need to stay and kick on. I fully expect we'll bring in at least 4 and possibly more

50 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Trippier would be a class signing

I’ve never massively rated him TBH. Only speculation but a RB & GK would be bottom of my priorities. CM’s and CA’s is what we need desperately.

I didn't rate him either but the last few years I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him. Big personality in the England group too. If it is definitely going to be Howe, then full backs are going to be really important you'd think. 

Edited by kisearch

Only downside to trippier is his age. Seems like a goer transfer expectation wise though and would be a great short term signing to kick us on. LB must he a more pressing priority, although I am excited to see if with some confidence/actually coaching whether Lewis can turn things around.

CM is a priority. 

Trippier would be fantastic, he can play in a back 3, full-back or winger and his set pieces are usually canny, plus his leadership and experience would be huge.