Transfer rumours

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Will be interested to see the central midfielders we're linked with.

Genuinely linked to rather than clickbait.

I hope that club will learn from the Emery fiasco and keep mum about who they are trying to sign.  I suppose cultivating an army of ITKs was decent when you were trying to buy the club and fan enthusiasm was so low. Now it's time to keep quite until they have a signature.

14 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Will be interested to see the central midfielders we're linked with.

I think this is the area that needs addressing most and struggling to think who we could go for. 
Think realistic targets (not just CM) could be:

tarkowski

ake

trippier

cantwell

mcneil 

sarr

2 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Genuinely linked to rather than clickbait.

I hope that club will learn from the Emery fiasco and keep mum about who they are trying to sign.  I suppose cultivating an army of ITKs was decent when you were trying to buy the club and fan enthusiasm was so low. Now it's time to keep quite until they have a signature.

Bit hard to do if the player/agent is also trying to advertise himself, and play clubs against each other for a higher wage etc. 

44 minutes ago, toontownman said:

More Ramsey links with Juve looking to cancel his contract. Seems like a red flag signing injury wise to me. 

Amazing player but Michael Owen levels of injuries, sadly. I sincerely hope we stay away from the normal "Galactico" signings like Robinho when the City group first took over. Fingers crossed we build strategically...which is a weird thing to say thinking when about this time last year would've taken nearly anyone.

Edited by woody

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

More Ramsey links with Juve looking to cancel his contract. Seems like a red flag signing injury wise to me. 

The likes of Ramsey are exactly the type of player we shouldn’t be going for. Seems to me he’s another Jack Wiltshire, Joe Cole type of player, good at their peak but end up as journeyman at several clubs as their career goes on.

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

Ramsey probably worth the risk for how much of an upgrade he would be 

For the wages he’d want, I’d honestly prefer others- we could have two or three players instead of just the one. He’s on 400k a week at the moment! 

Just now, Manxst said:

For the wages he’d want, I’d honestly prefer others- we could have two or three players instead of just the one. He’s on 400k a week at the moment! 

Does money matter at this point? 

it he’s a good player he’s a good player 

Just now, tgarve said:

Does money matter at this point? 

it he’s a good player he’s a good player 

It does if we’ve only got a finite amount to play with due to FFP/wages to turnover. Plus bringing someone in on that money, every fucker will be clamouring for a new exorbitant contract.