Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Can't do anything when a player is out of contract...plus players decide where they go now.. if a club is trying to stop him making more money then it's not going to end well.

Edited by Gaztoon

It’s getting ridiculous now. Shocking anti-competitive behaviour borne out of spite, jealousy and attempting to maintain the bent status quo.

Potentially having lucrative sponsorship opportunities taken away from us is the exact kind of ladder-pulling bullshit that’s putting people off the Premier League. Closed shop nonsense.

7 minutes ago, ikri said:

That came up a week or so ago.  

It has also been pointed out that clubs colluding in that way would be highly illegal.  Not just a small telling off by the league, but actual jail sentences.

There's no way that is actually true. 

ITs just sensationalism to bump up the prices if we come looking.

We all know club owners are generally money driven scumbags and would take the last penny from their granny if it made the accounts look better.

A pound made from NUFC is the same as a pound made from any other club

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

For a little bit of fun though, we should go in with ridiculous offers for their best players and see them squirm as they try and deal with the fallout as their agents agitate to get the move done and the money in their pocket.

This. Just pop in obscene speculative bids for the best players from our relegation rivals and unsettle them :lol:

Hard to gauge the seriousness of any rumour at the moment. I think, obviously, will depend on how the table is looking in Jan. 

There used to be a realistic target thread didn't there? I'd quite like us to go for Hickey from Bologna, has looked great this season and wouldn't cost the world. 

it's light entertainment but no more than a diversion :lol: no one conducts business through the papers. No agent bursts into a DOF's office with a hard copy of The Turdshire Gazette like "look at this interest from a club, we need to talk about a better deal for my client."

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Hard to gauge the seriousness of any rumour at the moment. I think, obviously, will depend on how the table is looking in Jan. 

There used to be a realistic target thread didn't there? I'd quite like us to go for Hickey from Bologna, has looked great this season and wouldn't cost the world. 

Its going to take us a while to adjust to it but literally every transfer is realistic now if the club want to do it.

I see us spending 100m+ in January. Perhaps on just 3 or 4 key players.

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

You are going to be sorely disappointed if you think we are going to spend £100m+ on January. No chance.

We spent £65m+ one summer under Ashley. Anything is possible.

Personally, as I mentioned before, think we will bring in 2 loan signings and maybe 1 or 2 permanent signings. We may also look at the freedom of contract market also. Would seem a sensible route to go until we know what division we are in next season.

I know it's bullshit anyway but it would honestly take me right out of it if we ended up bringing the literal best player on the planet here in January. Or anyone of that ilk. It would be extremely artificial. I don't even take those opportunities on FIFA career mode. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know it's bullshit anyway but it would honestly take me right out of it if we ended up bringing the literal best player on the planet here in January. Or anyone of that ilk. It would be extremely artificial. I don't even take those opportunities on FIFA career mode. 

Aye, I've always hated the Mbappe-types of links since this whole saga started. That's clearly not how we'll do things, and it's ridiculous to even suggest that we'd sign someone like Salah or Mbappe. At "best", we might go for "damaged goods" like Coutinho or Ramsey.

I think we will try and get a fullback, centre back, central midfielder, striker/winger and maybe double up on at least one of those positions depending on what Howe and his team can get from players.

• I think Trippier is a strong possibility, IF a top 6 club doesn't want him. Maitland-Niles could be a possibility too. 
  • Not convinced Sule has any intention of coming here, he would be beastly though. Tarkowski or Ake on loan seems likely for CB, maybe even a sneaky Lloyd Kelly addition with one of those.
  • Boubacar Kamara would be fantastic and someone we have tracked a few years, I am not sure now is the time to bring someone new to the league. Lerma will be an obvious link. Bellingham would be the top of my list but we are two seasons away from getting that kind of a young hyped player imo. I would take Dele Alli here in a shot too. Could be a great move for him under Howe, likewise Loftus-Cheek.
  • Sarr or Zaha would be fantastic but I don't see either club being interested in dealing with us. Eddie Nketia might be an interesting option. He isn't getting a look in at Arsenal this year. Hudson-Odoi maybe. All have great pace.

There are plenty of good domestic options, if clubs will deal with us, likewise in the championship. I would be surprised if we were to be gambling with many signings outside of the UK with the predicament we are in. Pretty sure we will go for premiership experience and potential.