Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

This thread, I think I will ignore till nearer January.   It really should be renamed Media Dont Know Shit thread!

We have had years of absolutely Jack shit happening in this thread, just bask in the glory of it now as anything is a possibility. 

My dream signing would be Luis Diaz from Porto. I know CM for example is more of a priority but we could really use a goal scoring wide player too. 

I want players like him and not the likes of Coutinho or Dembele for example. 

What's all this Dean Henderson talk? For someone that's not been paying much attention to football in general the past couple of years, is he worth all this talk when compared to Dubs? Just seems a strange position for us to be eyeing replacements right now.

Given that only about 1 in 1000 rumours are true, then it's all speculation until closer to January.

If we want to be realistic, then financially no-one is out of reach.  

However...currently we don't have a Director of Football, so anyone linked now would be on Eddie Howe.

Could see James Ward Prowse being fairly realistic.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Would take Van de Beek, would take Lingard too but if West Ham go back in for him he'll pick them over us. Not overly sure why we'd be getting linked with goalkeepers.

To be fair, we massively need one. Dubs is great but has a patchy fitness record. Everybody else is tragic.

Was never very convinced by Lingard. Then he absolutely smashed it last year at West Ham and looked phenomenal. For that reason alone he will go to London if they stump up the cash. He knows it works there for him. Maybe he fancies working with Howe though.

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Lingard will want to go to West Ham, can’t blame him either.

Wonder why his agent was at the Spurs game then. He’ll go where he gets the most game time (and potentially where he’s paid the most.)

1 hour ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

You always want to look at the fringe players, that before others joined, or themselves were good at other clubs are now subs etc.

but also Ross Barkley for me.

Plus any from this list that take your fancy - 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2247219

Interesting to note the HGP (Home Grown Player) rule

Fraser isnt classed as home grown?

Our problem this window will be moving players on to free up a space in the 25 man squad.

We could end up with a few unregistered.

8 hours ago, HTT II said:

That can’t be true surely? He’s out of form for them, but he’s a top top player and will get 20 + a season easily still in the right team. He’d get even more if he could finish…

If he was stood on the goal line he couldn't tap in 20 even served on a plate. Can't finish at all.

7 hours ago, STM said:

It WAS 50m in each transfer window. That will have been revised.

Without spending silly money, they will do what they have to do to ensure survival.

Put it this way, we won't be letting players go for the extra couple of quid like we were doing under Ashley.

We also have potential to sell a couple of our fringe players. For example, we could probably get 3/4m for Shelvey from the championship, 1/2 for Clark, 3/4 for Gayle etc.

We couldn't give then away due to the wage drop they would have to take to move elsewhere. Another Ashley masterstroke.

11 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Fraser isnt classed as home grown?

Our problem this window will be moving players on to free up a space in the 25 man squad.

We could end up with a few unregistered.

Don't see there being the same problem with doing that from this ownership. If 4 or 5 refuse moves out of the club, I dont think we would blink and eyelid leaving them out in the cold. 

Don't know much/anything about Van de Beek but sounds like a risky move if his ManU career is anything to go by. I liked Lingard before he was cool/went to West Ham so would be a fan of the signing. Henderson, yeah, another one I don't know much about, but we need a good goalkeeper who's going to be fit for 36-38 games a season if we're going to get anywhere. I honestly wouldn't be too averse to us saying cheerio to Dubravka at this point, as much as I like him. He isn't reliable enough. 

Be amusing if ManU sold three players to us like, after all the hoo-har of them + the others trying to put the brakes on us trying to progress. I'm sure they'll really hate the idea of us paying through the nose for their damaged goods. :rolleyes: