Transfer rumours

Yorkie

40 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Was grim as owt. Coach left about 3am on the Sunday and didn’t return until 2am on the Monday.

I was absolutely knackered, hungover by a 16-year-old’s shady drinking standards and had double physics first thing - weeks before me GCSEs. Got a proper bollocking for having me head on the desk constantly.

It was a good trip for us if you didn't include the match. Mini bus full to Gloucester day before, night out there, train into Cardiff, shit match, first train out after back to Glouceester, straight in mini bus and away. Got to Wetherby for a few drinks, rang a mate who had coached it there......they hadn't got out the car park yet.

Just remembered a game of follow the ball in Gloucester, one of the lads sons was there and took his football with him, even on the night out, we'd boot the ball down the street and go in the nearest pub to where it stopped, it also lead to a 40 or so strong game of street footy during which I did a sliding tackle which ripped the knee out my jeans, trendy look now.

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

I think the idea of many clubs not selling to us is bollocks. The odd one or two might, but most of them won't have the wherewithal to miss out on fees for players with contracts running down. They may try to mess us around, but the consortium have enough money to not need to play negotiating games that drag things out.

Unless there is a massive new manager bounce, our overwhelming priority is going to be getting good players for Howe's system in quickly. Not overpaying is unlikely to be a priority. I think generous offers should go in on Dec 31 on a take-it-or-leave-it basis. If they haven't decided within days, then we take our money to someone else because there are plenty of other clubs out there happy to take it. Obviously, we'll need a good DoF to do this properly. 

It’s a great idea on paper, then you remember that for “anyone but Newcastle” to work would require buy in from players and more importantly agents. As if they’re going to turn down the payday of their careers because Daniel Levy’s in a huff.

Personally I hope it’s true. Just spend in Europe and cause absolute havoc here unsettling players without much risk of having to follow through :lol:

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Brand spanking new defence please plus a proper defensive mid with legs. Possibly a GK as well as if dubs gets injured we may as well start with no GK at all. 

Might as well have given the gloves to Miggy. Worse than useless today.

An interesting counterpoint from the BBC rumours:

Paris St-Germain have dropped their interest in Norway and Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland, 21, and will instead pursue the signing of 21-year-old Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina. (El Nacional - in Catalan)

1 hour ago, Raconteur said:

An interesting counterpoint from the BBC rumours:

Paris St-Germain have dropped their interest in Norway and Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland, 21, and will instead pursue the signing of 21-year-old Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina. (El Nacional - in Catalan)

Even better if the Saudi’s think Qatar are after him they’ll pull out all the stops.

In all honesty can’t see us getting him in our current plight, but nice to be linked with arguably one of the top striker in Europe at the minute.

January is going to be so interesting and obviously one of the most important transfer windows in our history. All or nothing!

There's been so many times I've seen teams on this amount of points at this stage of the season and thought "yeah, they're gone, no way back for them" and then they'll go on a run and manage to scrape out of relegation.

Therefore I feel and hope to god we can do the same, it all depends where and who we strengthen with but I have faith.

It's going to be stressful as fuck like!

England midfielder Harry Winks has emerged as a top target for Newcastle United with new Magpies boss Eddie Howe keen to address his side's lack of creativity. Winks, 25, has started just one Premier League game for Tottenham this season. (Mail)

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

England midfielder Harry Winks has emerged as a top target for Newcastle United with new Magpies boss Eddie Howe keen to address his side's lack of creativity. Winks, 25, has started just one Premier League game for Tottenham this season. (Mail)

No thanks, he’s fucking bang average!

Sherwood was spouting this shite on sky yesterday.
Saying we should only be looking at players from sides “conditioned” in a pl battle for survival.

He was saying to not look abroad at all but at the likes of Norwich, Burnley etc for our signings.

So this genius’s argument is to sign players who have been at struggling clubs, the same players whose ability have put those clubs there, rather than sign more talented players who aren’t used to scrapping for relegation.

So sherwood would sign Ashley Barnes rather than Mohammed Salah using his logic.

20 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Saying we should only be looking at players from sides “conditioned” in a pl battle for survival.

He was saying to not look abroad at all but at the likes of Norwich, Burnley etc for our signings.

So this genius’s argument is to sign players who have been at struggling clubs, the same players whose ability have put those clubs there, rather than sign more talented players who aren’t used to scrapping for relegation.

So sherwood would sign Ashley Barnes rather than Mohammed Salah using his logic.

I get there is a bit more nuance to it with managers.  Styles of play, ability of players, time to implement tactics and changes etc.  But it's the same when people say we should go for someone that is experienced in Premier League relegation battles.  

Yes, let's go for Tony Pulis or Sean Dyche, instead of Conte or Emery.  

21 hours ago, George Bailey said:

:lol: I used to have a sponge brick for throwing at the telly when wankers like him came on. Don't know what happened to it, but I'm off to Amazon to see if they still sell them.