Transfer rumours

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Another double tonight. 11 in 11, 16 in 20, second only to Mitrovic in the scoring charts. Bound to be getting some attention you'd think. 

He's having a heck of a season. At 22 would be a nice young addition as an alternative option in our striker ranks.

Just reading up on him he seems quite versatile too. Can play out wide and up front. Good size too at 6 ft 1.

On 23/11/2021 at 16:44, prefabtoon said:

sounds like pif are getting cold feet now with the new announcement today.

They could in theory just run us as a slow build now.

Got a prem club now or if we go down a championship club at worst.

All this media crap of spending billions was never going to come off.

WHO makes this stuff up??

On 23/11/2021 at 13:29, McCormick said:

I know a few senior sources at PIF and they are genuinely very worried about relegation (as they should be) as it would be massively embarrassing for them. Especially after all the efforts they made to buy the club.

What's that smell? Woah... Karl Pilkington's flying in...

Bulls***

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

How's Sander Berge doing for Sheff Utd this season?

Could be a decent fit for our midfield

He's featured in 6 games, 1 goal so far this season. He'd be an interesting player to take a gamble on if the price is right. I don't know how he has been utilised by Sheffield U this season, but in the PL he was never used in his best position where he excelled at Genk. At Sheffield he was playing on the right hand side of a midfield 3 with more attacking duties rather than his preferred central defensive midfielder position.

December is going to be really weird, with the lead up to January and the transfer window we are going to be link with so many players, its going to be a far cry from the silence we've been used to for 14 years :lol: 

Wouldn't say no to Zinchenko here like, but...think Zinchenko wouldn't be anywhere near the player what we all see playing for Man City most weeks. He was always an attacking mid coming through, then Pep developed and conditioned him into playing that inside inverted LWB role. 

Would be wary of signing players, like say Zinchenko, that Pep is allowing to be sold - not saying he's a bad player, or being a bad signing, but likely to cost 40/50M I'd say, and at that it has massive potential to go tits up.

Fabian Delph's career highlight is playing LB for Pep for a season - nothing really done at PL level before, or since. He even went to WC for England on back of it, played CM and he was a bag of shit - think he even captained England at one point.

I think he’s an excellent player, to say he hasn’t had to defend is undervaluing how Pep’s team’s are set up, they’d defend from the front and off the ball, and that’s how Howe sets up, his recovery is very decent in the transition, he is tactically switched on, has good pace, can play as a winger or wing back/full-back and is of a good age. He’d be a tremendous signing, not that I think we would stand a chance mind.

Edited by HTT II

20 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The dogshit quality of our transfer rumours has been one of the absolute worst parts about the Ashley era. Being linked with nobody exciting but getting repeat transfer windows of chat about Choudry is about as bleak as it gets outside of wearside. 

Its been grim, very grim.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

People turning their noses up at Zinchencko?

Today I read about how it's now almost impossible for any of us to avoid ingesting microplastics, that they cross the blood-brain barrier, and that they're probably poisoning our brains. Knowing that might help you make a bit more sense of posts like that. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

People turning their noses up at Zinchencko?

Yep. Not that he wouldn't improve our team but I don't think he's nailed down his best position and I think he would be exposed as a poor full back in any team other than Citeh.

I was always happy to have Stones.

Zinchenko regularly plays class for the Ukraine. He's no flash in the pan.

If Eddie wanted a left wing back, I can't see many better options. Not that it will happen in a month of sundays IMO.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Zinchenko regularly plays class for the Ukraine. He's no flash in the pan.

If Eddie wanted a left wing back, I can't see many better options. Not that it will happen in a month of sundays IMO.

Him and Trippier on either flank man would be class!

Edited by HTT II