Transfer rumours

Yorkie

7 hours ago, Minhosa said:

I’d rather we didn’t sign him tbh. Smacks of a Nicky Butt/Joe Willock combo I.e: Man Utd reject and a bit vein of form last year masking what he’ll actually end up being for us, week in/week out. 

Definitely a no for me. 

This ^ 100%

He has some ability but has zero consistency. Had a purple patch whilst at West Ham but then totally tailed off.  

Edited by duo

It’s clear he has ability but will he have motivation? He’s not a young player and is unlikely to improve this present risk. He certainly won’t see us as a step up so we need to rely on him being a professional who has something he wants to prove. 

59 minutes ago, duo said:

This ^ 100%

He has some ability but has zero consistency. Had a purple patch whilst at West Ham but then totally tailed off.  

He tailed off because he's not good enough to get in ahead of Fernandes, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Rashford. Can't have a pop at him for his form tailing off when he can't get a game! 

Will be another outlet so not all the attention is on ASM.

Basically hope to sign experienced players of similar level in January, fend off relegation, get rid of deadwood in the summer, then refresh the squad with better and younger players.

Think he’d be great too. We need more high energy players who can press and want to play forward. I don’t think he’d be coming here purely as a mercenary either as there’s a good chance he makes the WC squad if he does as well as he did at West Ham.

Edited by Smal

1 hour ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He tailed off because he's not good enough to get in ahead of Fernandes, Ronaldo, Greenwood and Rashford. Can't have a pop at him for his form tailing off when he can't get a game! 

I am talking about the Season he was playing at West Ham - he flew out the blocks then tailed off.

Lindgard is the type of player that should be far down on our list of potential targets. If we could get him on the cheap both for transfer fee and wages then sure he'll improve the team right now, but he'll be demanding a long contract, high wages and turns 29 in a few days. Just the type of players we hated clogging up the squad because they were past it and on too good deals to be able to move them on the last few years under Shepherd.

I don't care about PL experience. Get young and hungry players instead no matter what league they're playing in.

There's a World Cup coming up and I'm sure Lingard would love to take part in that. I don't doubt his motivation in the short term one bit.

Don't care about transfer fees, age or wages. We need to improve right now and if he wants to join, it really should be a no-brainer.

2 hours ago, duo said:

This ^ 100%

I thought this is possible, same with Joe Willock, both those players were the form players at that time, done nothing since. Tbf Lingard hardly plays.

Guest reefatoon

Not sure what Lingard is like as a player as I can’t get past how much of a fucking annoying whopper he is. Keep your tongue in your head you daft cunt.

Edited by reefatoon