Transfer rumours

Yorkie

17 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Ah shit yeah, shame. I would look at him next season then 

He’s unfortunate he has those 3 in front of him, otherwise he’d be a starter and starring. The worry is, that now, he is an impact only player and if he doesn’t score he doesn’t offer much else. I’ve seen enough in his game to suggest, in the right side and playing week in week out, however, he has the tools to do the business more often than not; 

14 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

:kinnear:

2 goals in 9 games this season. Pass.

If we’re going shopping in the Championship I’d definitely take a punt on Brereton-Diaz as Wilson’s understudy / impact sub.

Botman is undoubtedly better than Ciaran Clark, but if we assume we're likely to see at a max 4-5 come in, I'd be hesitant throwing it at him. 

I'm happy to be corrected by anyone that watches Ligue 1 regularly, but when I've seen him his biggest weakness is speed. If we're playing at a higher line I worry how he'd handle that. 

Stoke fans rate Campbell highly on their forum saying they wouldn’t even consider selling him for less than thirty.

they also have a random “Pardew is a nob” thread , so I’m going to assume they’re quite knowledgable.

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Stoke fans rate Campbell highly on their forum saying they wouldn’t even consider selling him for less than thirty.

they also have a random “Pardew is a nob” thread , so I’m going to assume they’re quite knowledgable.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Campbell is one of those Che Adams, Ings, DCL or Ivan Toney strikers we turn our nose up at now, becomes half decent and wonder how we missed out. 

I seem to remember a young lad at Coventry by the name of Calum being heavily linked under Graham Carr. I wonder whatever became of him.

I've never heard of him before, but reading up on him & doing a bit of Dennis Wise scouting, Campbell seems a perfect fit for us. Young, hungry, seems to have a good combination of pace, strength & technique. He won't need to be relied on to be the main striker for another 2-3 years so doesn't come with the pressure of f.ex Joelinton and Mitrovic, but is probably good enough now to be decent cover for Wilson if he needs rest or is injured. 

Would also be great to finally be the club that get one of the "why didn't we go for him when he was in the championship" players other clubs seems to get despite us always at some point being linked to them like the ones @Dokkomentioned. You can add Bowen, Watkins and that other former Brentford player at West Ham.

Manchester United have joined Premier League strugglers Newcastle United in the race to sign Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele, with the 24-year-old France international having made a decision over his future. (Mundo Deportivo, via Express)

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe is lining up Stoke's 21-year-old English striker Tyrese Campbell as the first signing of the Saudi era at St James' Park. (Sun)

Newcastle are also prepared to double the salaries of Burnley's English defenders Ben Mee, 32, and 29-year-old James Tarkowski to tempt them to quit the Clarets. (Mirror)

24 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Don't know about adding Mee (32) to Dummett (30), Schar (30 next week), Fernandez (32) and Clark (32)...

This was my initial feeling too. But the more I think about it the more I conclude it’s a very short term stop gap solution to see us safe. Also shouldn’t cost a fortune. 

Can anyone sell me me what the bother about James Tarkowski is? Don't see it. Michael Keane got a move, played for England - scored for England too. Tarkowski, blah blah...

With the greatest of respect I'd rather not sign the Terry/Adams/Baresi of finishing 17th in the PL. 

We already had someone for that...